Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My TT is living up to being german..ugh

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
4th Gear
Default My TT is living up to being german..ugh

Alright so, from time to time my car wont start up right away... have to basically turn the key 3 or 4 times to get it to turn over and then the EPC light will be on... However, i turn it off and on 1 more time and the EPC light is gone... no biggie... but now today when i was driving the car just decided to shut off... like i stalled but i didnt and i was going ~30... just turned the key to the off position then turned the car back on and she was fine... keeping in mind i was still going 30...

any ideas? main points i guess: EPC light, trouble starting, turned of while driving

thanks

Old 01-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: My TT is living up to being german..ugh

hijack - Kiva I got the radio keys and hazard relay yesterday. Sorry I didn't mention it. I was busy with family stuff and bummed my car was in the shop. I get the car back tomorrow and will install on Saturday.. thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:27 PM
4th Gear

alright im glad to hear you got the stuff...

but anyways... thoughts as to why my car thought it was a good idea to shut off going 30?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
4th Gear

I'm still trying to figure out if it's the my flash, or throttle position sensor.
By the way be glad you weren't doing 80 on a major interstate when it happened... Not fun! [>:]

Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
4th Gear

not my flash, not my mbc... it didnt happen for a long time after my chip and then it happened before my mbc... so i know its not that nor can i come as to why it would be one of the 2...

im thinking that its a battery alternator combo -- both of which are the original to my 02...

Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 AM

i've never had mine die while driving- but every once in a while when i let it sit for a day or two and i try to start it, it will take a few cranks to get it going.

i'm also on my original batt, and i KNOW its time to get another one but i have been lazy lately =)

i think it's batt time for you too. it couldn't hurt, and AFAIK you should get a new one every 4 years or so. so, maybe i will take my own advice and get it done too.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

Alright so, from time to time my car wont start up right away... have to basically turn the key 3 or 4 times to get it to turn over and then the EPC light will be on... However, i turn it off and on 1 more time and the EPC light is gone... no biggie... but now today when i was driving the car just decided to shut off... like i stalled but i didnt and i was going ~30... just turned the key to the off position then turned the car back on and she was fine... keeping in mind i was still going 30...

any ideas? main points i guess: EPC light, trouble starting, turned of while driving

thanks
I have heard of this one other time and it ended up being something to do with the ignition switch.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

My car was stalling out like that andI would have to turn the car off and than back on. It was from hole in my DV hose. My guess, not that I'm qualified, is that you got sensors reading different levels of O2 and the computer doesnt know what to do.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM
4th Gear

so it keeps doing it... sometimes when im driving ill go to slow down and put it in neutral.. not all the time but sometimes when its at an idle rpm the car acts as though it stalls... then i have to turn the key off then on, takes a second to start but will start up with an EPC light and a funny smell... i shut it off and turn it on again and its fine... wtf?