Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My tt ate two bowls of rice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Default RE: My tt ate two bowls of rice.

Im having fun of course, talking about cars is always fun. I dont think we have the options for a manual but i have the trip with the padel shifters. The good thing about the RL is that its all N/A power at 300hp. Also another good thing is that it has a single over head cam so its perfect if i want to just tack on a turbo. I love how the future is here and cars with V6's have 300+ HP it was unheard of a couple years ago.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm make believe

Im sorry but i would trade the TT for a Skyline R33 or R34 gt-s 4 door or the ever powerful GT-R. Also a EvoVII MR and even a Toyota Soarer. 2 are inline 6 twin turbo cars (the gt-s is a rb25det single turbo) and theevo is a 4cyl turbo. ALL but the GT-S (rwd) are awd and have far more power potental than most cars listed in this thread and many...many more. Nissian even bought back like 20 R34 GT-R's and Nismo'd the **** out of them and resold them as the new fastest production car. Runs the 1/4 in 10's.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
3rd Gear

It's awesome what cars do from the factory.
It pisses me off everytime I want to build an old car though.

Oh... Prices for the 135i are supposed to be in the low 30k range too.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 PM

****ing Delish

ORIGINAL: cincyTT[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Im sorry but i would trade the TT for a Skyline R33 or R34 gt-s 4 door or the ever powerful GT-R. Also a EvoVII MR and even a Toyota Soarer. 2 are inline 6 twin turbo cars (the gt-s is a rb25det single turbo) and theevo is a 4cyl turbo. ALL but the GT-S (rwd) are awd and have far more power potental than most cars listed in this thread and many...many more. Nissian even bought back like 20 R34 GT-R's and Nismo'd the **** out of them and resold them as the new fastest production car. Runs the 1/4 in 10's.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
3rd Gear

There's a nice soarer clone at the performance shop down the block from me.

Everytime I see it I ask myself if I'd trade the TT for it.

I still don't know.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm make believe

Toyota soarer

I forgot the Toyota Chaser [:@]

Evo VII

Skyline R33

4 door

R34

FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR!!!

~600 HP out of a stoked 2.8L

Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
R34
FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR!!!

~600 HP out of a stoked 2.8L
I'd rock it if the TT were in the shop .
600hp fastest production car?
Fastest production Nissan maybe?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm make believe

hp does not equate to speed

When it outruns a Enzo in the 1/4 or even a Bugatti (sp) dont come crying to me

Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
hp does not equate to speed
Not directly, I know.
Power to weight, traction, and gearing do.

Q: What do 600hp supras and 1200hp supras have in common?
A: 1/4 mile times.

Just seems a little low to be fastest anything?

I believe you, but what's that based on 1/4 mile?
No way it's breaking production top speed records, is it?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm make believe

It runs 10's and the enzo runs 11 flat- high 10's.

The car is awd unlike the enzo and has had most of the steal replaced with carbon fiber (like the enzo) and titanium.

Godzilla GT-R invades ’05 TAS
NISMO R34 GT-R Z-tune is the most powerful GT-R ever
by: Jackie Ling
1/17/2005

[align=center] [/align]Taking place this week halfway around the world is the 2005 edition of the Tokyo Auto Salon. And while automotive excess is expected of Japan’s version of the SEMA Show, the real excitement – at least for Nissan fans – won’t be coming from a tuning shop, styling house, or orange-haired D1 drifter. Instead, masses of tuning enthusiasts from around the world are expected to be huddled around Nissan’s NISMO display, where the ultimate Skyline GT-R will make its Godzilla-like debut – the NISMO R34GT-R Z-tune. Since Nissan introduced the R32 second-generation Skyline GT-R in 1989, the two-door coupe has become legend in the automotive enthusiast world. The later R33 and R34 models, with the potent combination of a powerful RB26DETT engine and the ATTESA ET-S all-wheel drive system built cemented the GT-R as a super car. And the worldwide success of the Gran Turismo game series made sure the GT-R was an international star.

Starring on Playstation consoles doesn’t guarantee you respect on the streets, but Nissan’s string of NISMO-bred R34 models, such as the Gr-A, N1, GT500 and the “Nürburgring specification (Nur)” made sure the GT-R performance promises were real. Everybody thought that the R34 was retired with the ultimate prize – the clinching of the 2003 All-Japan Grand Touring Championship by the Xanavi NISMO GT500 GT-R. However, it turns out that 15 years of asphalt scorching and several JGTC championships haven’t made NISMO content. 2004 marked the 20th anniversary of NISMO, and as one the last acts to celebrate the occasion, the NISMO boys decided to roll out one last R34 treat. The NISMO R34GT-R Z-tune is supposed to be “Top of GT-R” and “the strongest road-going car in the world”.

Those are big statements to be making no matter who you are and how you phrase it. The R34GT-R Z-tune is actually a project 4 years in the making. The concept made its debut at the NISMO festival in 2000 for a “tuner’s battle”. With 600 ps (about 592 hp) on tap from the twin-boosted RB, the R34GT-R Z-tune concept easily won the challenge and then went back behind closed doors for a new challenge. That challenge, for NISMO engineers, was to turn the R34GT-R Z-tune into a serious road-going model with all the comfort expected of an international super car. That included the addition of a leather interior, air-conditioning, and emissions control. The Z1 specification of the engine was revised to a Z2-spec and in 2003, the car finished its development at the famed Nurburgring circuit. The engine was even tested to a class win and 5th overall finish in the Nurburgring 24-hour race in 2004. With all the specs finalized and tested, NISMO finally released the NISMO R34GT-R Z-tune as a limited edition model just before the end of last year – to only 20 lucky buyers.

[align=center] [/align]Where are they going to come up with 20 new R34’s after they’ve officially ended production two years ago? No, NISMO doesn’t have a secret GT-R production line hidden in the mountains of Japan. Each of the 20 NISMO R34GT-R Z-tune’s will be created based on a donor, lesser GT-R. Yes – a used one. But its not one you’ll find on the corner at Eiji’s Used Cars. Rather the donor GT-R’s are carefully selected by NISMO (with no more than 30,000 km on the clock) through a process that includes mechanical and body part inspection. All parts to be modified are then removed and the body is reinforced. After all work is done, the various body panels are then painted and reassembled. Don’t look for overspray though, the process is controlled to the same quality standards that NISMO uses for their race cars (the best) and is done the old fashioned way (by hand).

As you would expect of something from a motorsports division of an auto manufacturer, NISMO spent most of its development work underhood. The RB26DETT inline six cylinder engine is already one of the most revered powerplants in the world for enthusiasts, but NISMO still found ways to massage more power from the powerplant. “Regular” R34 GT-R’s make do with a factory-rated 276 bhp (dyno runs regularly showed that this was conservative by at least 50 hp), but NISMO extracted 500ps – or almost 200% more power – from the RB 26DETT Modified Z2 engine. According to NISMO, every trick in the book was used to develop a 500 ps engine that would have the durability for road-going use. In addition to using an engine dyno to verify performance, NISMO has also applied a serial number is to each of the 20 RB26DETT modified Z2 engines, for data management in the future. The long list of parts of the RB26DETT that were modified for the Z2-spec rating included the camshafts, the engine block, crankshaft, pistons, connecting rods, intake manifold, and turbocharger.

The camshafts were modified to have a profile that would balance the high power needs with the emissions requirements. The engine block was swapped out in favor of a 2.8L GT engine-based block (as used in GT500 competition) that sported 87 mm bores and a rigidity that would stand up to the high boost usage. The Z2 version of the GT engine block was even further reinforced. A long stroke GT crankshaft was paired with the block and further ups displacement with a 77.7 mm stroke (up 4 mm). Special lightweight, highly rigid forged pistons with cooling channels were developed to withstand the maximum boost pressure of 0.15 MPa (21.7 psi). Another part borrowed from the GT500 race program is the GT connecting rods. The 121.5 mm rods are made from a special alloy (SNCM439) for its lightweight and high strength characteristics. A special “Super Coppermix” clutch (rated for 600 hp) was fitted for its balance of power handling and road going livability. The power is driven to the rear wheels through a carbon fiber driveshaft.

The intake pipe and manifold were redesigned in length, diameter, and shape to improve to flow and intermediate speed torque. The last piece of JGTC hardware for the Z-tune is a modified IHI ball bearing turbocharger that has proven itself in JGTC as well as Nurburgring competition. The cylinder head has been extensively hand machined and honed all the moving assemblies have been balanced and weight matched. The intercooler, radiator, and oil cooler have all been upgraded for high speed operation. A transmission and differential oil cooler are also fitted. Downstream, the catalytic converter was modified and fitted to a titanium exhaust system.

The Z-tune treatment didn’t stop in the engine bay though. The body, suspension, and brakes were all given the same thorough treatment as the RB26DETT. The body was spot welded around the door frame and carbon fiber reinforced plastic parts replaced normal parts that might deform or weaken in normal welding (front strut, hood reinforcement, and center tunnel areas). The suspension system is a special 3-way adjustable damper based on a SACHS-developed damper that is designed as much as sporty cruising as triple-digit speed handling. Suspension links and suspension bushings have been modified for geometry and performance. When it comes time for the big GT-R to stop, huge binders from Brembo put the clamp down. The Brembo brakes are designed for a 1.6 G target performance (with S-series tires) and feature monoblock 6-piston calipes with a 2-piece 365 mm front brake rotor and a 355 mm rear brake rotor. The ABS system, ATTESA ET-S and active LSD systems have all been tuned for the increased performance of the Z-tune engine and brakes.

Nismo was careful to select tires and wheels perfectly matched for its Godzilla R34 and the result was not one, but two sets of recommended tires and one set of sexy wheels. If you’re looking to drive your new Z-tune GT-R on the streets, opt for the POTENZA REO1R 265/35R18 spec tires. Looking for some serious circuit performance? Bridgestone’s new POTENZA RE55S 265/35R18 is what NISMO specs. Whatever you choose, they will be fitted to a set of black LM GT4 “GT500 Model” lightweight forged aluminum wheel. The wheels were co-developed with RAYS, (yeah, the same RAYS that makes everbody’s favorite J-spec wheels - Volk Racing), a logical choice since RAYS supplies NISMO GT500 wheels as well. The RAYS wheels are modeled after those JGTC wheels and have had their width and offset specially resized (18 x 9.5J OFF + 5) for “Z-tune.”

[align=center] [/align]Outside, the weight reduction program was continued. Most of the body parts have been replaced with lightweight, highly rigid dry carbon parts. The front bumper, front blister fender, and hood are all carbon fiber reinforced plastic. These CFRP body parts further reduce the weight of the vehicle front. Look at the GT-R Z-tune’s stance carefully and you’ll notice that the front fenders were widened by 15 mm accommodate the wider tire tread and also now exhaust the air from the engine room from inside the fenders. The hood has functioning ram air ducts for increasing air intake pressure at high speed and a front under-spoiler helps lower the aerodynamic drag on the front of the vehicle. Other CFRP parts include the rear spoiler flap. The side skirts are ABS plastic and the rear under-spoiler and rear fender covers are made of FRP.

The finishing touches for the special Z-tune include an Alcantara suede insert/leather racing-bucket style seats; a 320-km/h white speedo; a special multi function display with data logging, lap time and other features; and a special steering wheel. A trio of special NISMO chassis plates and emblems mark the limited run of 20 NISMO R34GT-R Z-tunes. Only one color is offered – a special “Kyo” silver is splashed with the other NISMO corporate colors of black and red. Inside, black and red is also used for the interior color scheme.

So how much would you expect to pay for the meanest, fastest, and most exclusive Skyline GT-R of them all? Get your calculators out and then get ready to mortgage the house for JP¥ 16,900,000. Yes, that’s about $175,000 greenbacks – and that’s if you can get on the list fast enough.

Quick Reply: My tt ate two bowls of rice.