Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My tt ate two bowls of rice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Default RE: My tt ate two bowls of rice.

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

You're missing some good cooking! Cuban food rocks! And might I restate... I'm Cuban-American. Born in NYC.
Not to get into a big argument or get off topic but if you were born in America you're just American with a Cuban heritage. I dont think myself as a German-Irish-Scottish-American.

I can see if you were born in Cuba, came to America, and earned your citizenship then youre Cuban-American. Otherwise not so much.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: andrei

back in my country...audi...vw... and bmw are just familly cars.. the greengarbage truckto pick up my garbage is mercedes-benz....whenwe sawa corvette we'd look at it like it's from another planet... before coming to the US i only saw one corvette...when i got here and I saw the chevy dealership i asked my dad what brand is that car with the flags and the circle?
i don;t wanna talk about other cultural differences but trust me, audi and vw are cars of the people... for the people of germany and many other european countries. and they do make polo ( 4 door wagon with 1.2l engine...slow as ****.. audi a2, like a stylish geo metro, same performance though... ) plus cars like peugeot, renault, smart(mercedes+swatch), fiat, seat and skoda(vw familly), opel and many many other brands you only saw online are in EUROPE.
And just to let you guys know, If i was in europe right now I would NOT be driving an audi tt... i would be looking for a Chrysler or a Chevy to bring it over the ocean
SAME reason you(people that live in the US)areNOTinterested ina honda s2000 or a chevy or an Eclipse they are too domestic, everybody drives them... you wanna ride in "german" cars. Don't tell me they are better cars, i can show you 1000000 american cars better and more reliable than our VWs... same with japanese cars. you don't care it's "german", youprobablynever been to Germany. All you know is that they are a DIFFERENT style,,,and people ALL have the impression they are upscale due to that exact reason...they could be from MARS as far as you guys are concerned...
I only bought this car bacause of the worldI came into... not becauseI ever had any interest in Audi...
Its like one of you Audi lovers move from America, and in Germany you are gonna get you a Mustang. and feel HELLA COOL in one TRUST ME.

Escuse my English.. it is my second language, but i hope i got my point across. And please don't get me wrong, I love my car.

I lived in potsdamn Germany for 7 months, just outside of Berlin.... I still stand by my comments.
Traveling through France and Italy and England while visiting. - American cars dont compete. - Toss an American car on the autobahn with an exception to a FEW American cars.... they wont survive.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
1st Gear

Why hate on civics so much? They're super fun cars even stock as far as the ex/si go. Durability wise... I rear-ended an 87 944s, twisted it's frame, killed the rear-mounted tranny, and i was only going 20-25mph when i slammed him. Car was totalled (sad to say, cause it was my brothers and he loved it more than life itself) on my car however... my right corner light popped out and the bumper had scratches. BTW I don't see too many german cars with 200k+ miles
Ghetto ricers sucks, I admit, and are an embarassment toreal civic enthusiasts. Brag about how you kill M3s and 911s not APC stickered civics.
I'm not bashing on anyone, just my 2cents.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

this thread is filled with close-minded bias and is making me sick [:'(].

it's funny how jdm owners praise and envy those w/ german cars, but the majority of the german car owners boast with superiority and shun those 'lower' japanese cars. i swear if audi made an econoboxcivic, you would all ride audi's dick and get one just because those 4 rings are plastered on that ****.
Thank You!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:28 AM
3rd Gear

I had an integra swapped civic... Light, fun, quick.
I loved the car, but hated being seen getting out of it.
To be proud that you drive a civic, and actually brag about it... Sorry, you are a moron if you think your pride is well placed.

The reason why audi is a respectable company here is that they DON'T make econobox garbage.

I'm buying BMW's "econobox" when it comes out. the 135i. It's one of their cheapest cars, but still has 300hp, RWD, and is better than the top end of honda's lineup (and acura too).

Everyone bashing hondas as a performance car... you are correct. there is no way to defend this viewpoint, seriously.

Honda makes good, solid, reliable, cheap cars. They do it right.
No one can take that away from them.

KFC makes damned good chicken, are you gonna go there andtry to turn a bucket of extra tasty crispy intoa steak?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

I'm buying BMW's "econobox" when it comes out. the 135i. It's one of their cheapest cars, but still has 300hp, RWD, and is better than the top end of honda's lineup (and acura too).
Heh wouldnt beat my civic or my acura RL.shd so wouldnt say its better.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah... I would.
I'm talking stock for stock.
I'll have a warranty with mine.

Comparing modded cars to stock is like comparing it to a bike.
A 'busa will beat all 3... not the same.

Neither of your cars are stock (If you are claiming what you areI doubt either will be running in a month either).

If you want to talk modded, They already have chips out for these cars putting them close to 400hp.

Please post specs on your civic and rl.

I don't think either of them will take the 135 stock, nevermind modded.

Edit: And if you think your cars are faster still maybe you're right. But, i've got an old POS i'd like you to meet next month. Weighs less than your civic and has more torque than it and the RL combined.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

this thread is filled with close-minded bias and is making me sick [:'(].

it's funny how jdm owners praise and envy those w/ german cars, but the majority of the german car owners boast with superiority and shun those 'lower' japanese cars. i swear if audi made an econoboxcivic, you would all ride audi's dick and get one just because those 4 rings are plastered on that ****.
+1

hondas are super fun to drive.... specially the s2000, once you hit vtec.... oh my. its heaven. Only downside is the tq band starts at 6k.
Some civics arnt eco at alll.... take a ride in my friends... once he hits vtec you can see his gass meter go down.

and yes, i'm waiting on the 135i hatch, TWIN TURBO INLINE6 FTW?!?!??!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Civic is modified the RL is bone stock here are the specs its also an shd AWD.

Specifications & Dimensions

Wheelbase
110.2 inches

Overall Length
193.6 inches

Vehicle Height
57.1 inches

Vehicle Width
72.7 inches

Front Headroom
38.5 inches

Front Legroom
42.4 inches

Rear Headroom
37.2 inches

Rear Legroom
36.3 inches

Curb Weight
3984 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight
0 lbs

Seating Capacity
/5 passengers

Payload Capacity
0.0 lbs

Towing Capacity
0 lbs

Final Assembly Location
Japan

Brakes

Antilock Brakes
Standard

Braking Distance in Feet(60mph - 0mph)
124.22ft

Drive

5-speed shiftable automatic transmission
Standard

Center limited slip differential
Standard

Engine

3.5L V6 300 hp gas
Standard

Number of cylinders:

Number of valves:

Camshaft:
Single overhead cam (SOHC)

Horsepower:
300 hp @ 6200 rpm

Torque:
260 ft-lbs @ 5000 rpm

Fuel Capacity (gallons):

Fuel Economy (City/Hwy):
18/26

Suspension

Wheels

Alloy rims
Standard

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

First things first.
I'm not trying to be a dick here.
I'm having fun with this and I hope you are too.

With that said:

135i - 300hp 300tq (at less than 2000 rpm) which meansZero 'turbo lag'

Curb weight of less than 3400 lbs (probablythan 3200 but that's not solid info yet)

Rwd also means less drivetrain loss.

I'm only talking numbers here because I haven't even driven the car yet, I might hate it.

The RL is a nice car, but Performance wise, it still falls short in this comparison. Are they available with a standard transmission?

I have respect for honda and acura, just not the people who buy thembecause of what they read in superstreet magazine.

Quick Reply: My tt ate two bowls of rice.