Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My tt ate two bowls of rice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: My tt ate two bowls of rice.

2.8L inline 6 vs a 6L (i think) V12 making 660hp and over 500ftlbs and the bugatti makes 1000hp. Both cost $1mill in the open market compared to a NOW FACTORY car that cost $175,000. The reason they were bought back is because they were out of production for 2-3years when they did this. So it was more cost affective to buy back used ones and redue them than start production again. Get where im coming from? Im sure they would of done more if they could, but come on, its like an Evo, your not going to find to many roughly stock and not pushed to its limits.

Plus you have to take into account Nissan vs Farrari/Bugatti (part of VW), the Nissan was made to sell many thousands and the other 2sold probably a few1000 together. So i personally think its a far camparision when fighting for the same title.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM
2nd Gear

The way I see it is your taking a car that is affordable to mid level income people & comparing it to "supercars," which only a few 1,000 people can actually afford. The Enzo Ferrari & Bugatti Veyron were built to break records. The Veyron's 0-60 is 2.5 sec. "Maximum speed claims have been met in several high speed tests where the car slightly exceeded its target, reaching 252 mph (407.5 km/h)(Mach 0.3) and holding it for about two minutes." For sale: 1.3 Million (Side note VW is losing money because of the Veyron project). The Enzo Ferrari was more of a tribute to company's founder. It's a rare collects item for Ferrari enthusiasts, I mean only 350 were made & sold for "$643,330." Now it's goes for sale or auction (if Ferrari allows it) it's can go up to a million. It just bugs me that cars that were built to achieve golds for their company are being compared to cars that were bought back from the public re-worked & resold. Why not start from sratch like everyone else did? All it is is buying a pre-owned car. It's also bugs me when it's always those two cars that are attacked, what about the Koenigsegg CCX, Pagani Zonda, Porsche Carrera GT (which I've sat in & almost busted a nut), Saleen S7 or the Gumpert Apollo. Those aren't the only two super cars. Plus I rather any of those cars I just named over the Enzo & Veyron... expect the S7, me no likes.

Plus now the Bugatti has a run for it's money when someone notes the "Barabus TKR."
"The Bugatti Veyron may no longer be the world's fastest car. Today — following a number of teasers and leaks — Barabus officially unveiled the TKR: a new 1005 horsepower super car the automaker says is capable of doing zero to 60 mph in 1.67 seconds. What's more, the car reportedly has a top speed of 270 mph — nearly 20 more than the Veyron. Power comes from a 6.0 liter V8 twin-turbocharged with dual intercoolers. The car has a full carbon fibre body and chassis. Further details remain sparse, but the automaker says it will sell the car for £360,000, which should translate to around $500,000, using typical automotive market conversion rates." Linkage.

Edit: Why isn't Nissian making any supercars if they have the tech to make a 600+hp car for $175,000? They only people that do that I've seen are the German's, Itailan's & the American's.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm make believe

I know there are more than those 2 supercars. Just those are the more well known and top performers. Side note: Danica Patrick look hot as hell in the Zonda in i think it was a Jay-Z vid.

Why redo a Skyline? Its the most iconic Japenese car and a wet dream for many people due to its unavailability in many countries. Your more likely to see a S7 or Carrera GT on the streets than a Skyline here. As for Japan and supercars, the new NSX and Supra replacement will both come with a V10 and estamated 500hp which puts them in supercar territory.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

Is the Zonda allowed in the states? I know there's a Koenigsegg in cail (which got pulled over for doing 240-something in texas. Really I would like to see the Gumpert Apollo just to see a RWD Audi. Why isn't the Skyline over here anyway? Same problem like with the RS4 probaly. The new NSX isn't gonna have a v6 in it anymore? I didn't even know Honda had the tech to make a bigger engine. I thought the Supra was a v8 still it's nice to see what Asian Imports have to bring to the table for once. They'll squeeze 1/10 of a hp out of a engine if they can, I just don't understand why they never made a factory stock "supercar" before.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm make believe

Not sure about Zonda legality, only saw it on 5th gear and thats a British car tv show.
The skyline is not here because of emissions and crash test ratings. Nissan didnt want to change what they had already done.
New NSX will be equiped with a V10 engine and Honda has made Indycar and other top racing engines for decades.
The supra came in a N/A inline 6 and twin turbo (in a sequential setup), Never a V8. The new replacement (badge as a Lexus here and doubt will be called supra) will also have a V10 and in the 500hp club (still hidden from the press).
Most spent the funds for R&D in racing. The JGTC is huge in japan and like NASCAR is a big development program for Japanese manufactores. But you do have to hand it to people like Honda that can make engines that put out 120hp/L like with the F20 and F22 in the S2000 and all N/A.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear

JGTC? Japan NASCAR?Do they also only watch it waiting to see a crash?

Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm make believe

JGTC = Japan Gran Touring Championship. It it REAL cars and running on REAL tracks and not in high backed circles. There is a 300 (hp) class and 500 (hp) class. These consist of carbon fiber shells w/ tube chassisof real cars (skylines, Z's, NSX, supras, celicas....etc). It is more like the SECA touring championship but bigger like NASCAR

Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ mmhmm. the F series engines, i would say, is one of honda's crowning moments in engineering as opposed to their b18c5. though i bash on honda all the time, it's kind of a love-hate relationship.

lol @ nascar. fukk that boring *** hillbilly circle jerk racing ****. go watch a JGTC, and you'll see why. and yes it is huge in japan... but not as huge as the D1 Grand Prix

Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

Why would you guys compare NASCAR to JGTC? You know had have Speed World Challenge and had Trans-Am.

Also, buying 20 used cars and modding the **** out of them does not make them stock. I don't care who did the modding. Hennessey Vipers and Lingenfelder vette's are at least new cars and produced in much greater quantities. They are street legal in the US, have all the same comfort features and can pack over 1000hp. They are also capable of beater the NISMO's performance. But they don't count as production cars just as the 20 modded used Skylines shouldn't.

I also never understood the American idolization of the Skylines. Has anybody ever looked at their actual performance numbers? Not that impressive. I think the reality is people only love them so much because they aren't here. If we never got the STi, people would probably put it on the same pedestool. Can you say over rated?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm make believe

The Stock rating was listed at 276hp and was actually well over 300hp. Sound familure, it should since all the old musclecars did the same thing. You mentioned V8 twinturbo cars that have 6L engines making 1000hp, hate to break it to you but the 2.6L rb26dett has been made to produce 1000hp over and over again also. This is the same thing with a 3L supra twin turbo and even the Evo/eclipse 4g63 which is a 2L 4 "banger".

I mentioned Nascar due to its popularity and then later stated it was more like the SCCA which is the speed world challenge.

The idolization with the skyline is its unavailability (like i stated before) and it is the ultimate tuner car due to its awd, itspowerplant and of course, style.

Quick Reply: My tt ate two bowls of rice.