Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My new Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:03 AM
1st Gear
Default My new Audi TT

Dear all,

I've just got my 1st Audi TT yesterday, its a 2002 Quattro Turbo Black hereare fewpictures:

now for my 1st question i went to take it for a wash and water came in from the top window side, is it the rubber or should i look for something?

Old 04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Default RE: My new Audi TT

It could be the window not closing completely. The TT windows are designed to drop about 1/2 inch when the door is opened. If it doesn't come back up it's likely a broken micro-switch in the lock assembly. Welcome to the wonderful world of TT ownership. They're great little cars, but they can cost a pretty penny to keep up.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Could be you just need to reprogram/reset the window.
Stolen from one of cincytt's posts...

window fix:

With the window down, raise the window all the way, then click the switch 'up' and hold for at least one second.

Window should be reset

Old 04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

She sure is pretty. Nice wheels too.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:11 PM
4th Gear

Check the rubber seal at the top of the door. That was my problem.
Still car washes scare me! Then again I also enjoy washing my car, and the smell of burnt oil from an oil change... *shrugs*

Edit: Oh yeah! How come I'm the only one that can't see these pictures? [>:]

Old 04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
5th Gear

You would know it if the window wasn't closing all the way, a 1/4" gap would let in a significant amount of water.

Now, considering that it IS a rubber seal, and its flexable, if you aim a pressure washer right at that seal, you're gonna force water thru it. Its just the nature of the design, and nothing to really worry about, unless you can physically see the seal is not making contact with the glass. In that case, i'd say the window needs mechanical adjustment.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:21 AM
4th Gear

about the whole window thing.. at higher speeds my left window has like air coming through so its loud but my right one doesnt... and suggestions such as maybe having the window sit higher?

Old 04-30-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm make believe

that interior is a first for me. i hope you take out that phone unless you want to order me some pizza and beer.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm make believe

now is it the angle or is the rear wheels taller than the fronts?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

i have the same problem... it's the rubber seal... i found the exact spot... i was at the car wash trying to find whereit was leaking infrom... then the water squirted me right in the eye...lol...its in the upper left corner...im going to try getting a new rubber seal.....o yeah...and everytime it rains alot my seltbelt gets soaked