Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

MODSHACK VTDA

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default MODSHACK VTDA

Ok I just put on my VTDA this weekend. It's pretty awesome. I have just noticed one thing, when i'm accelerating moderately it makes kind of a "howl" noise. Not like the air sucking in or the turbo winding but a howling noise. I cant really describe it any better. But has anybody experience this howl or do you think i just didint tighten it up enough?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: MODSHACK VTDA

Maybe it's the full moon?? lol - just joking

Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear

Full moon? I didnt even notice it. I'll go get some silver bullets.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

its supposed to be a pretty loud intake, i doubt there is anything wrong

Old 01-16-2007, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear

It's pretty loud, but there is a howl that i dont think should be there. Maybe i just need to break it in. Arent K&N filters supposed to be better after you put some miles on it

Old 01-16-2007, 01:56 AM

I installed a VTDA on my 225q last month. If its the same howl I'm thinking of it comes on at about 2800 RPM right? If so, its just the turbo sucking in a little air...totally normal. The sound goes away as soon as you take your foot off the gas right? Also, considering there is only one area where the VTDA clamps, you can always double check your work. Also, yes the K&N's work better when they get a few miles on them but there shouldn't be a break in period regarding the noise.
Hope that helps.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:15 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks ergokinetics, you're right it does exactly that,I just didnt know if I was the only one with the problem. I just put it on sunday so i guess i should start getting used to it. Question-When you got your VTDA did it come with along piece of that black tubing? I dont know what its for, but its the same tubing that is rapped around the edge on the side that clamps on the MAF

Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 AM

I don't remeber an extra piece of black tubing. Although, I ordered the VTDA andstage II (****) at the same time so Steve put them together for me when he shipped them.Hmmm. Ofcourse,you can always e-mail or call Steve at Modshack...the guy is really friendly and easy to talk to.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:57 AM
2nd Gear

Are you referring to the tubing or is it black U shaped edgeing? If it is about 6 feet long that is to replace the rubber seal along rain cover at the bottom of the windshield to allow cooler air to flow through the hood rather than being sealed off by the rubber edging.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

Yea when I put mine in it made a little "howl" noise, but nothing to worry about I kinda like it. It seems to go away after you drive it a bit, or maybe I just got used to it.

Quick Reply: MODSHACK VTDA