Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Modshack Stage 0

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Modshack Stage 0

THey are 2 completly differnt types of sensors. The iat would be more like the maf than a o2 sensor in materials used

Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Do i need to look up someones claims about the ****? DO I? Claims of increased TQ and what not?
the **** is very deceptive, but the reality behind it is, whatever gains it gives aside from the gain in gas usage, are either unoticable or non existant. the thought of the car running rich and out of spec from the tune just was not jiving for me.

i will step up to the plate and say that once my eyes adjusted to all the shiny modshack pieces, i actually began to see how dull they really are [:'(]

Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
4th Gear

THey are 2 completly differnt types of sensors. The iat would be more like the maf than a o2 sensor in materials used
Learn something new everyday! Kinda makes me want to pull out my O2...

Old 11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm make believe

so you are renigging on the comments quoted above?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Kinda makes me want to pull out my O2...
why? [sm=badidea.gif]

You cant clean them or check them or touch them basically. There isnt a point in removing them unless you are replacing them

Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
4th Gear

Because I'm nosey, guess I'll have to wait for one to fail to take it apart.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm make believe

Save you the time....

rear ATC

Heres the front

others front o2

Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

Did it anyways

ORIGINAL: DurTTy
to be honest i have the full modshack mods and they work quite well. sorry cincy i know we had this discussion bout the ****.

the car does run rich (at first) for like 50 km, my buddy could smell it lol on the highway. but after about 50 km or so and a few cranks later.

i have a 180QC and it actually feels stronger, most noticebly in the bottom end (100% noticable) and also in the top end just seems liek the car breathes a little better. Beware, fuel economy does go down a tad, depends how heavy you are on your foot. not too noticeble but its true, also the computer will lie to you on teh gas milage. you have to adjust it on the VAG com. i personally just ignore it and look at the needle indicator.

So there is a lil review on that lol

BTW APR sells you a bigger MAF Housing with their turbo kits along with a larger FPR. so by that token a larger **** is obviously needed to produce greater power.

but, thats just my opinion. different things work for different folks. and at the end of the day, if u are both pullign the same power, doesnt matter how you got there at least you are there

THREAD [8D]
live and learn .. what else can i say.

but honestly after i took off the **** and drove the car i really have not noticed any difference in the way it pulls, i went through a few hard pulls on the on/off ramps merging into traffic at 180kph and i CAN'T feel the difference,

i put the **** back on just cuz i was shocked and needed some comparrison ( i swore i thought it actually didgive me gains hencei was expecting power loss for sure with it off) ran the car for 60 km, after smelling it running super Rich [&:]and watching people lookin at around trying to figure out what car was makin that smell, it eventually settled down and actually, Boost was actually kinda choppy, fluctuating when hitting its peak and holding, if anything the car running so rich was making me lose power, oh and to add to the drama .. i need a new MAFs, seems **** vs maf battle the maf lost

needless to say the **** is4 sale LOL any1 want it?

i will attribute my findings to the flow one simple factor the **** does not flow correctly for the application and the ecu cannot compensate for the new airflow and the airflow has to be too unstable for it. Im waiting to see if my
Pag kit will have a MAF housing, but Eurodyne told me to go 225 MAF for their tune+225 MAF housing, somy MofofriedMAF will be ok for driving it to the shop.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
4th Gear

Good deal on the sensors.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ the placebo effect. a jedi mind trick if you will.

Quick Reply: Modshack Stage 0