Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Modification ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Modification ?'s

1---Is a 225 DV Relocation Kit worth it? I was hoping that someone may have one on here so i can get a true review on it. Also any good, noticible results???

2--- Should you buy a DP first before purchasing an exhaust system. I hear good things about both, but is there one you should start off with??

3- BOOST "HOES"---i was lookin at upper boost hoses, lower boost hoses and so forth. Would i really notice any difference in boost pressure or is that just what they makers want me to believe haha. Reason i was lookin into these is because when i give it gas, i feel like a vaccum cleaner suckin in a ton of air, but im not really gettin there any faster...any suggestions

I know thats alot of crap questions, but you guys on here will tell me the real deal with each, ive read about each one so im not clueless, i just like to get experienced responses, thanks guys

Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Tmoney
1---Is a 225 DV Relocation Kit worth it? I was hoping that someone may have one on here so i can get a true review on it. Also any good, noticible results??? I bought the forge relo & I notice a better d/v responce, holds boost better.

2--- Should you buy a DP first before purchasing an exhaust system. I hear good things about both, but is there one you should start off with?? You can peice together (ex: 42dd d/p with a blueflame cat-back or full apr, etc. There quite a few exhaust, & don't rule out custom jobs.)

3- BOOST "HOES"---i was lookin at upper boost hoses, lower boost hoses and so forth. Would i really notice any difference in boost pressure or is that just what they makers want me to believe haha. Reason i was lookin into these is because when i give it gas, i feel like a vaccum cleaner suckin in a ton of air, but im not really gettin there any faster...any suggestions The biggest/best one is the TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) once your chipped/tuned this pipe's walls close in together due to the air the turbo pulls in. A stronger 3-ply or metal pipe would be a good investment.

I know thats alot of crap questions, but you guys on here will tell me the real deal with each, ive read about each one so im not clueless, i just like to get experienced responses, thanks guys
Hope that helped.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm make believe

1) the relocation has been covered many times. The real benefits of doing it wont really be seen on a stock turbo. The point of doing it is to prevent surge and respool the turbo faster, both of which arent a problem with a stock turbo. Most only do it so they have a louder dv noise.

2) a dp will net better gains by itself than a catback. If you cant do both, do the dp first

3) the boost hoses are mainly for looks or to replace ones that have been torn or corroded by oil. Not going to see any gains with those unless you have a tear in the stock ones. Please remember that these are small turbos and with a chip are way out of the effieciency range so trying to increase the airflow into the turbo isnt going to help nor is raising the boost further. Just free up the exhaust path and cool down the charge so you can increase power with timing since the turbo wont gain you any more hp

Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

^he right

Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

Hey thanks wintermute, that helped out a whole lot, i think im prolly first goin to look into TIP's, I had actually already picked out a Blueflame exhaust setup off Ebay for like 660$ so hopefully it will turn out nicely... I appreciate it

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

Hey, how hard would it be to install the this TIP

http://www.ttstuff.com/Merchant2/mer...de=FM225IND-BU

(sorry, hyperlink is doin something weird so i had to copy and paste it)

Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm make believe

They take a little time. But its a DIY that is easier with another person and if you can get to it from above and below.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

Really how long are you arms, or better yet how short is your patience? Make sure you buy the right one there's 2 different versions. I used a small rachet to tighten the clamp on the turbo, it took me a long time trying to push the on while tighten it, about 2 hours it took me because I filpped out & helped install a intercooler on my friend's evo.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm make believe

average and short..... If it was a 180, he would have to go under to get the cast peice off. Plus its just so much easier to mess with the turbo from below when the car is on jack stands than reach all over and down it. But thats just me

Old 10-15-2008, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

At the time I would needed to remove the downpipe & maybe something else just to touch the turbo hence why I did it from up above. I also had this in a pit with a lift that day. I also have yet to work on a 180 only the front end. I've only help change tranny fuild & haldex on becca's car.