Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Military Service Members

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Military Service Members

Hey, im only 17 but enlisting into the reservers in a couple months when im 18, I want to be a ranger sniper as I already have shot long ranged rifles... I just want to say to all you out there who have served.. thank you, although i am young quite matured and for the most part very understanding on what life must be like, so again a big thank you...

Should make a new forum "Audi Heros"

Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 AM
1st Gear

ATAN (Aviation Technician, Airman)
Navy
Still in training to do all the technical side of fixing the f-18's
Total Time at 9 months
Been deployed, Not yet but cant wait to get some water under me
Stationed in: Lemoore California, where all the pilots start there first real squadron

Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: M FLYTT

ATAN (Aviation Technician, Airman)
Navy
Guess I'll jump in the bump.
Was also avionics tech to the A-7 (pre-cursor to the F-18)

Branch:Navy
Job: Electronic Counter Measures (ECM)
Deployed:to U.S.S Independence withAttack Squadron 87 based in Jacksonville Fl.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear

theTTkid, glad to see your joining the Reserves. One thing to think about though, in todays world its very important to pick the right MOS that will give you the best training for jobs on the outside, (especially NG and Reserve as you still need a good job). The military will give you excellent training and experience that can land you very good paying jobs on the outside. Not trying to change your mind but just a note. I have a son thinking about the military too and have been telling him the same thing.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:30 PM
3rd Gear

I have learned one thing so far being in the Army, it really doesnt matter what MOS you pick, at least for me we have been cross trained on the "needs of the military" so good luck and hopefully it doesnt have to happen to you.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear

They will cross train you for their needs but I instruct Signal Warrent Officers who came from the enlisted ranks and they say choosing the IT stuff over the radio stuff will make a world of difference when they get out. I was a 31C (Radio Teletypwriter operator) and I tried to get a better MOS but they wouldnt let us cuz of the needs of the Army. So that MOS can do nothing on the outside that is worth more that 25000 a year so I had to retrain in the IT field to make good money. For Reserves and NG who still need a civilian job I would just say look at other Moss too. M FLYTT looks like he picked one that will net him a good job outside too. I will say this: the military will get what they want from you so get what you can from them and both side will be happy. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
4th Gear

Too young to be in the military but i too have had relatives in it... However, im old enough to appretiate it and give a big thanks to all you who have fought for not only my rights, but everybodies

Thanks!