Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Military Service Members

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Military Service Members

Ohh yea good ole HWY 1, I was here too at that time we were the ones that were hauling the ammo from the cache sites to Dogwood well untill it blew up, LOL what unit were you in?

Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 225tt

Ohh yea good ole HWY 1, I was here too at that time we were the ones that were hauling the ammo from the cache sites to Dogwood well untill it blew up, LOL what unit were you in?
358th Civil Affairs (Military Government) Brigade assigned to the First Marine Expeditionary Force. Working on everything having to do with Iraqi civilian institutions, police, courts, banks, agriculture (harvesting and marketing the date crop!!), trade, health, education, elections, paying the ex-military, you name it. Me and my trusty 9mm saving Iraq one date palm at a time. It was actually very interesting and frustrating.

Take care, keep your head down, and keep your powder dry. I got out before the bastards really figured out how to make the bombs go off--most were fizzles.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
2nd Gear

Branch: Army
Job: Aircraft Mechanic (AH-64A & AH-64D)
Deployed: Yes, twice. I was on the border the night we invaded in 2003. after returning home from OIF I, we got some rest and went again in 2004 for OIF II. I'm currently in Korea and yes, I drive here and my TT/225 is in shipment status right now. I'm hoping it's here by the 10th of April.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 AM
1st Gear

im not in the military but have had plenty of family members.

gramps was in WW2 was in d-day 82nd airborne i believe
dad was in vietnam marines loading the planes up with bombs and all that good stuff
mom is a 0-6 caption in the navy (commission core)
oldest bro just got out about 2yrs ago as lieutenant in air defense for the army.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

I guess I'm the only squid of the bunch!
ENS Benjamin, USN
Student Naval Flight Officer, They're the back seat guys.
NAS Pensacola

Good luck to you guys over Iraq. May you have "Fair winds and following Seas." Then take that Combat duty pay and buy a huge *** turbo when you get back stateside.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

Branch: Air Force
Job: Fuels
Deployed: Yes, I have been to Iraq 2004. Also have been to Jordan 2005. Currently Stationed in the states

Old 03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

SSgt (3C071) Technical AF term for Computer Guy
Air Force
Stationed in Germany for the last 2 1/2 years
Total Time at 9 years right now but still going strong
Been deployed, Yes 3 times
Stationed in: Cheyenne Mountain - NORAD, Patrick AFB Fl, Al Dhafra UAE, Seeb Oman, Masirah Island, Anocanda, Qatar, etc...

Been all over, literally, it's fun but hard on the family life, going through that right now

Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

Saw this thread, had to introduce myself since as usual we puddle jumpers get no respect. Ex-Coast Guard, small boat operations - Audis are a pain (in the process of buying one, somay end up being an A6 rather than a TT) but the guys who worked on these monster Cummins in tiny spaces are the mechanics I stand in awe of -and later one of that 1% of my servicethat actually wore cammies and deployed to the sandbox and Haiti and all sorts of other lovely locales prior to 9/11.

For those who are in the sandbox, hang in there. Besides, just think - the parts you need will be cheaper when you get back!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear

The parts I need are never cheep enough, if they arent free then it still sucks....

Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
3rd Gear

Hey man A6s are very nice.....that the first car I bought (not my first car). They drive like a dream and are decently quick....(smoked a hemi GT magnum on the highway)

Quick Reply: Military Service Members