Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

MBC-Diode Install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: MBC-Diode Install Problems

ORIGINAL: p1zl3

I come from a poke and jab (verbally) family
I come from the same type of family... just a bunch of sardonic pit-vipers, but I love em' to death.
Yeah, i warn the new girls before they come to meet the fam, but they should know in advance by the way i act.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 PM
3rd Gear

Another 5k miles and you're gonna rub through that bottom hose if you don't do something about it now...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Well, I plugged the hole in the MBC with some of that "super-duper" epoxy and patched it with electrical tape...took her around the block and she still whistled dixie at around 14-17psi. So I said "F-it" and drove her to work anyway thinking it was just the price I had to pay to get 17psi...until I wasn't getting 17psi anymore. All of a sudden it started whistling at 5psi and that was where my boost stopped. Now she doesn't whistle at all and my boost is 5psi with spikes to 7psi...which doesn't hold...
I pulled off my front passenger-side wheel and checked all my intercooler piping on the side of the car the sound was coming from, but I can't find a single rip or hole in any of my hoses... Its a damn mystery!!!

...if I ruptured a hose, wouldn't my VAC suffer also? I still have 20 VAC.... ugh..I'm stumped...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

Another 5k miles and you're gonna rub through that bottom hose if you don't do something about it now...
The hose is in pretty good shape. I think that's just a grease smear...

Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm make believe

You have some sort of boost leak. Your need to check all the piping. And if you have a '01+ car, check the pipe going into the pancake pipe. That uses a push in fitting for some odd reason and is known to leak badly.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm make believe

here are pics of what im talking about

This is how someone fixed it...

here's the link

Old 08-17-2007, 08:44 PM

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! Today I was on modshack's website check'n out "boost leak testers" and after about 2min of reading the $75 part description, I came to the conclusion that I could build my own for around $10... well I shot down to HomeDepot (car whistling the whole way) and grabbed all the parts including a PSI guage ($10 extra) and put it together for about $20.
Got back home and hooked her up to my compressor, flipped the "go" button....and nothing. My buddy left the compressor in the rain last time he used it so the engine was siezed and he just decided to NOT tell me. So I broke down my compressor, cleaned out the rust, water and grime...and built her back up to working order.
Round 2; I hooked the compressor to my DIY boost leak tester and my pipes started singing! Well after feeling around for a minute or so I found a pipe with a split between one of it's mandrel bent ridges. I guess that explains why I couldn't find it... luckily it's pretty easy to get to and I should have her fixed in about a 1/2 hour or so...

Thanks for all the help guys!!! Thanks for the pics and advice Cincy, the break was remarkably close to where you mentioned...

If anyone wants to know how I built the boost leak tester I could probably do a tutorial on it if you like!!! Just lemme know...

Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: p1zl3

Thanks for all the help guys!!! Thanks for the pics and advice Cincy, the break was remarkably close to where you mentioned...

If anyone wants to know how I built the boost leak tester I could probably do a tutorial on it if you like!!! Just lemme know...
No problem, and make one anyways. If someone actually searches, they will find it.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm make believe

I guess i should ask.... Hows the car pull now?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I guess i should ask.... Hows the car pull now?
Damn car goes like a scolded hog (no pig pun intended)...

Quick Reply: MBC-Diode Install Problems