Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

MBC-Diode Install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Default MBC-Diode Install Problems

Hey,
--Just installed MBC/diode/Boost Guage and I get a whistle noise at approx. 14-17psi. It's consistently within that range and I can't figure out what it is... It only does it under load (obviously if I'm hitting 14-17psi) and it goes away when I drop below that. My VAC is a steady 20 when at idle and I haven't recieved any CELs...yet.
---I have the N75 valve still plugged in but have the two top hoses from it in my MBC (like cincy described in his tutorial). Could the N75 be letting air out and whistling? I also noticed a little hole drilled in my MBC which could be the culprit...perhaps?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: MBC-Diode Install Problems

take a picture... if theres a hole in the MBC that doesnt look like it should be there, chances are thats the problem... i did the diode mod the same way and i dont get the whistle... it could also be your boost gauge somewhere... i dont know

how much boost are you pushing max?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

Im running the mbc + diode mod but I have that noise too ... i actually checked to boost gauge, because that is what my friends thought too and I actually replaced the guage and hosing .. still same sound - - ;; .. right now im just riding with the noise

Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm make believe

pic of hole in mbc please

Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm make believe

Man, when i joined here and talked aboutmy diode, boy did i get an earful of hate. Same went with my BOV. Guess im trendy now.

The lesser boost gauge will buzz, not whistle when the boost peaks. You can cap the n75, but mine never whisled.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 AM

Here's the pic of the MBC hole. Upon examination, the hole appears to be intentionally drilled by whom ever built the damn thing. It's a pretty clean drilled hole...

(for those of you without a keen eye; the hole is right below the red silicone hose, drilled into the nut that connects the silicon hose to the MBC's nozzle)

...what ya think...MBC...n75...hose leak???

Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
Man, when i joined here and talked aboutmy diode, boy did i get an earful of hate. Same went with my BOV.
Hey Cincy, I may give you a little crap now and again, but I got nothing but love for ya! Ever since I read the diode-mod tutorial, I've been dieing to do it... Anyone who knows their *** from their elbow, knows that you're pretty much the "brains" on this forum. Don't let scheptics get you down...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: p1zl3

Hey Cincy, I may give you a little crap now and again, but I got nothing but love for ya! Ever since I read the diode-mod tutorial, I've been dieing to do it... Anyone who knows their *** from their elbow, knows that you're pretty much the "brains" on this forum. Don't let scheptics get you down...

The funny thing is you join the day before me...lol. So you MAY know what im talking about.

You arent hurting my feelings any. I come from a poke and jab (verbally) family. Got to be able to both give and recieve.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm make believe

Does that hole go completely through? If yes, find another mbc thats not $10 shipped of ebay

But some electrical tape or better yet a tiny drop of jb weld could fix/patch that up.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM

Ok, I'll just try sealing the hole up until I can scrape more that $10 together to purchase an adequate MBC. (with gas prices and crack-cocain rates where they're at, sometimes I gotta cut corners and make some shadey ebay purchases[8D])
I'll seal that up and let you know if the whine/whistle goes away...

I come from a poke and jab (verbally) family
I come from the same type of family... just a bunch of sardonic pit-vipers, but I love em' to death.

Quick Reply: MBC-Diode Install Problems