Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Maplewood Audi (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Maplewood Audi (rant)

Not that this will ever pertain to a majority of you... but for those who live in MN, take a note I bought my TT in May and since then they've had the car in their service for four months and they still have it there at this moment.
Right now we're in the middle of a transmission battle with them over my TT. Back in July my forks went out so I needed a new tranny. It took them two months to fix it. Then when I got it back, I'd shift it into 5th gear and everytime it would grind. They said it was fine to drive like that so I continued to for the fact that I had missed my car so much the two months prior.
So I bring my car back in the beginning of Dec for the 5th gear still grinding (which by now it was getting stuck in 2nd and sometimes wouldn't go into 1st or reverse). A month later I get my car back with the PROMISE it's fixed. That night my boyfriend was driving the car and noticed a real faint noise when in 1st. So we call up the dealership and tell them about this. They said they'd take a look at it when we brought it in the week after so they could fix my instrament cluster they had replaced (when they converted my mileage from km to miles, it added 40,000miles onto my car...).
Not even a week later (before my appointment for the cluster)I'm driving to work when I hear a loud noise from the engine and then what followed was the noise of metal grinding on the ground. When Maplewood Audi looked at it the next day they said that the tech had tightened the bolts too tightly when reassmebling the transmission which then caused the exhaust to snap in half when the engine moved.
It's now been three weeks and they're saying nothing's wrong with the transmission. My boyfriend took the service writer out on a test drive and the service writer agreed he heard the noise from the transmission.
The GM isn't any help with getting my car fixed correctly. In so many words; he told us that he hopes to keep us happy so we continue buying cars from there.
My boyfriend and I had a meeting with the service manager today, which, when you cut through all the bullsh!t went soemthing like this.....

"Because you're a woman... you don't know how to drive stick. So your shift forks went out within two months of you owning the vehicle because of that factor. Also, because we want to rip you off as much as possible.... we used up all of your extended waranty. Which you need to bring us back your A6 loaner on wed and pick up your car because it doesn't run and we'll only work on it if you pay the $4000 for a new transmission. For your troubles though, we'll pay for the labor. Considering we know we're the reason your transmission won't work. And by the way, if you don't pay for the new transmission.... we're going to get you and your boyfriend fired from your jobs. BECAUSE WE CAN! Afterall, we're Audi."

Granted yes, the words are changed- but the meaning is the EXACT same! I'm actually in shock that someone could be that slimy! They've messed up my tranny enough times to prematurely MASSACRE my waranty (40,000 milesearly) and now expect me to pay for their mistakes!

I thought I'd let anyone who in the future might have bought a car from them, or have a service from them know that they like to take as much of your money as possible... and if you have a waranty..... NOT A PROBLEM!!!!! They use that all up then harass you for the money to fix what they broke!

If this saved anyone from the same problem I had. then I'm happy.... but like I said, most of you will never have to deal with Maplewood Audi. Feel blessed!

One possitive thing will come from this..... I GET TO GO TEST DRIVING AGAIN! WooHoo! hehehe

Old 01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Maplewood Audi (rant)

who has the number for corperate?

Add Oneonta Audi/VW/Winnebago, and Empire Audi of Binghamton (NY) to the list of dumbass dealers. Its sad how many bad dealers, and how few good ones are around.

This could probably be its own thread 'who NOT to deal with'

Good luck with your test drives.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:47 AM
3rd Gear

A little of topic,YEA!Another female TT owner? Whats that make two?

As for the stealership, it sounds like they are trying to get as much money out of you as they can. I would try to go and find another dealership if you can, also I know there may not be one that close, like myself I have to take my TT into a Nissan Dealership, but the only reason that I do that is because they have a sport and imports section, and my mechanic used to work on VW and Audi's for over 25 years. I met him in person and I highly reccomend this for anyone that takes their TT to the dealership, it make the bond stronger. Also I want to know whos messing with my baby.
Good luck!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

YAE! I'm number two :-D
LOL

But yeah. I was thinking about it last night... and came to the conclusion of AFTER paying the lawyer... I should end up with minimum $10,000 in pocket from the dealership's "little" f*ck up!!! That's why I was just going to get a new car so I could have a waranty... BUT! Instead I thought of putting however much (if I "only" get $10,000 say half) in the bank to keep on hand for when the next thing breaks.... and put the other half (still assuming I only get $10,000 )into MODs?

I can still test drive... lol! I love ****** around with cars that I don't have to worry about breaking :-D It's fun making the car salesmen hold on (if they don't let me take it w/o them) O:-)

What's everyone's take on that?

(ADDED)
There are two Audi dealerships in the Twin Cities... BOTH are owned by the same people... so that somewhat defeats going to the other one.I don't know where the next closest dealership is outside of Minne/St Paul.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 PM

you on mnaudi? i actually just had a rant from the same dealership! im fialing papers with the bbb as we speak lol

Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: foxrcng11

you on mnaudi? i actually just had a rant from the same dealership! im fialing papers with the bbb as we speak lol

MNAudi?

BBB= better business bureou[sp?]?
LOL

We have an appointment on Thursday with the lawyer :-D
hehehe

Isn't the service manager (Jeff) just like the biggest(litterly[he's like three of me]and metaphoricly) douche you've ever met!!!
My boyfriend kinda threatened him.... oppies! lol
GOD I want to take all his money!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 AM
3rd Gear

Take it, and if you have some left over I could really use a FMIC from Forge. LOL, no but really good luck and let us know what happens.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 225tt

I could really use a FMIC from Forge

That
ALMOST
Made me laugh...
almost...
j//k
And yes, I'll let you know what the lawyer says.... I just hope I get Audi's money before I'm six feet under type thing. I know court cases can be drawn out. I've never had to deal with anything in court (other than traffic offences)

Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 AM
4th Gear

Don't know the laws in MN- but in some states if the problem keeps reoccurring on a warrantied part - the time it sits in their possession counts as an extension - but only on the part in question.

Honestly, if you have documented all the problems, dates and times - go to the Better Business Bureau. They actually do serve a purpose and if you present a fair and strongly documented case they will pressure the stealership to fix it to your satisfaction. The BBB in most places carry alot of clout and with merchant businesses, word of mouth hurt their sales, getting bad BBB press is something they will avoid. Personally I've gotten refunds from alot of sources by just submitting a complaint through the BBB.

It's an option that hopefully may work for you. Best of luck!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:23 AM
3rd Gear

Hmmm didnt know that about the BBB, may have to go and make friends with those guys. Good info!

Quick Reply: Maplewood Audi (rant)