Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Making a Fast TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Making a Fast TT

i think chipping the TT should be everyone's fav mod. it wakes up a sleeping giant

Old 07-22-2007, 04:18 PM

what are yall's favorite brand for chips?

doyallsuggestunderdrive pulleys?

What kinda top speedsare you moddedguys able to pull?est.?

As far as acceleration goes it would be sweet to be in the <5 sec. range

Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear

There are three major brands for chips. they are as follows (with short description):
APR - Probably the mildest and most stable of the three. APR makes VERY high quality stuff for the TT, although some of it is kind of pricey (like the 396HP big turbo upgrade kit for $6,899)
REVO - Good all around chip. I haven't heard anything bad yet about it. I would say of the three, it's is right in the middle between agression and reliability.
GIAC - This chip is known for being very agressive. It probably would give you a little more gain than the others... but probably a little less stable. it also has been known to cause a jerky acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears because of its agressive nature.

If I were you, I'd check the website for all three and find out which has a dealer near you so you can just go there and get it flashed instead of having to remove the ECU and send it off.

I am currently running an APR 93 Octane program on mine. I don't know what my 0-60 time is (I'm not a racecar driver.lol), but I've had my car to just over the Speedomter's limit. I would guess it was about 163-164 mph.

I hope that helps.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM

Yeah that helps a lot- again thanks for the informative answer! Yeah, I've never been big on timing my 0-60, partly because it was depressing in my bimmer! lol.

ya- $6,899 is a lil high for a turbo to me! I know its prolly worth it- but I want to put about $10K down and get a bunch of fun things you mentioned above!

Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

There are three major brands for chips. they are as follows (with short description):
APR - Probably the mildest and most stable of the three. APR makes VERY high quality stuff for the TT, although some of it is kind of pricey (like the 396HP big turbo upgrade kit for $6,899)
REVO - Good all around chip. I haven't heard anything bad yet about it. I would say of the three, it's is right in the middle between agression and reliability.
GIAC - This chip is known for being very agressive. It probably would give you a little more gain than the others... but probably a little less stable. it also has been known to cause a jerky acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears because of its agressive nature.

If I were you, I'd check the website for all three and find out which has a dealer near you so you can just go there and get it flashed instead of having to remove the ECU and send it off.

I am currently running an APR 93 Octane program on mine. I don't know what my 0-60 time is (I'm not a racecar driver.lol), but I've had my car to just over the Speedomter's limit. I would guess it was about 163-164 mph.

I hope that helps.
sigh, you're forgetting the... Neuspeed P-Chip! which i'm probably the only on here that has the p-chip. i'm guessing the same stats as the APR chip. for $200 less, ha

Old 07-23-2007, 01:36 AM
3rd Gear

Dont worry too much about the underdrive pulleys there are alot more things out there that your money would be better spent and gain more power. With these things its all about the $$$ to HP ratio. I think I have figued that for every 500-750 dollars you spend on performance you gain about 10 whp. Now exceptions to these are the "chip" and "w/m injecion" both of those mods have the potential to gain about 30hp if done right. Do some looking around, it sounds like you have a good plane for your TT. It almost reminds me of what I once thought about doing for mine. Good Luck!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm make believe

Get a load of these guys on vortex TT section...LOL.

l88m22vette]You can also bolt on a Garrett turbo, if I'm not mistaken. A GT28R will be about the same as a K04, or a GT28RS will give you a nice increase over either. Whatever you do, it'll be a custom tune, and $$
and

=splitsecond]
If you just want a little bit more power, you can go for the GTRS eliminator or the GT28R eliminator... they have a small enough compressor so that they wouldn't spool too much slower than a k04 and they should get you more power.
im sorry but thats not close to right....

Old 07-23-2007, 01:57 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Get a load of these guys on vortex TT section...LOL.

l88m22vette]You can also bolt on a Garrett turbo, if I'm not mistaken. A GT28R will be about the same as a K04, or a GT28RS will give you a nice increase over either. Whatever you do, it'll be a custom tune, and $$
and

=splitsecond]
If you just want a little bit more power, you can go for the GTRS eliminator or the GT28R eliminator... they have a small enough compressor so that they wouldn't spool too much slower than a k04 and they should get you more power.
im sorry but thats not close to right....
LOL, yeh I saw that [sm=interesting.gif]

Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 AM
3rd Gear

WOW and guys wonder why their cars dont perform like they want them too. Crazy....

Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm make believe

they see/read something one idiot says and they think its the truth. I pretty much gave up on correcting them because of other memebers.

Quick Reply: Making a Fast TT