Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Making a Fast TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Default Making a Fast TT

Hey guys,

What do yall do to get your 225s up the the 300-350 and up whp range without NOS? I've been searching and am just running into pages and pages and pages of what im not looking for.lol.

You can just post any threads I aught to read in regards to this too-

I just wanna know what you guys suggest, and how much$$$ you guys think it costs.

I think it would be awesome to build a 225TT up to(non-z06) corvette fast! possible?

Old 07-22-2007, 05:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Making a Fast TT

It's possible. You can get them up into the 400-450whp range.

You're looking at big $$ though.
I would estimate that you'd be looking at $6,500+ to get it up in that range.
Probably closer to $10,000 if you wanted to do it with all supporting suspension and brake mods.

- 2871r turbo upgrade = $3,500 for kit.
- Front Mount intercooler to replace stock side mounts = $600-$1,000
- 3" Exhaust = $1,000-$2,499 depending on whether or not you require it to be a perfectly easy bolt on packaged box kit.
- Water/Methanol Injection kit to condition charge air and protect engine internals = $400-$700 depending on how you want it set up and how many safegaurd fallbacks you want with it.
- Software Tuning = $500-$700
- SPEC stage 3+ Clutch w/ flywheel = $1,199+

In addition to these mods... the following are optional things you can do for even more. Some are optional based on what your HP goals are:
Upgraded internals = I dont know the prices
Intake Manifold = $899 @ APR $1,299 with Upgraded throttle body
Big Brake Kit = $2,000+ based on preferences
Coilover suspension = $1,399
Intake & Upgraded DV = $400

See the FAQ for links to all the different places to purchase these parts. keep looking around though. there's a ton of information to be learned on here if you're willing to look for it.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Thanks a Lot! Great answer!- that is exactly what I was looking for. This is a very good start!

Would youguys do any of that to an 02 TT with 60k on the car?

I will search and find a set up using those key words that suits me. I would like toshoot forthe~300whp range before I try buildingout a higher setup. I have a toyota for a daily driver, but still would like the TT to maintain some reliability!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Who are some guys in this forum that have some of the bigger HP setups like that-??

Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear

not only would I do it... but I AM doing it. I have been slowly working my way toward the 400whp goal. I am still way off. However, Im also doing it all myself and taking my time to ensure I do maintain reliability.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:26 PM

Ah, thats awesome bro- It sounds like these are the best EU cars fortuning-

A supercharger kit for my 323i was around the $6500 range from Active Autoworks, and thats gay-

b/c my bimmer was not worth much with all the miles on it, and I was sick of its 170hp-impulsively traded it onthis 225 tt w/ 60k on it. I figured if I was going to have a car to mod and play with it should not be a naturally aspirated engine.

Its so much fun to drive- but would beSO much more fun with 300+ whp!!!With all the money i saved not buying a new car other than this tacoma-i am ready to throw some $$$into this. Pretty much the only payment i have is for my new tacoma

Old 07-22-2007, 12:28 PM

whats your favorite performance mod so far?

whats your favorite aesthetic?

Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: gcwaterski

whats your favorite performance mod so far?

whats your favorite aesthetic?
I would have to say that the FMIC was my favorite performance mod so far AND my favorite aesthetic mod. However, the headlight housing recolor and reflector delete are probably my second fav aesthetic.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:44 PM
3rd Gear

The best thing to do it to try to piece together a big turbo kit, it will end up saving you about 2K in the long run, sure you will have to do alot of the work yourself but it will deffinatly be worth it in the long run. The best advice I can give is to plan what you want your TT to be able to do a couple of years down the road, make a plan to get there and then slowly start piecing together everything. Thats just my two cents...

Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM

^^ ah, that makes sense. I just want my audi to be afast, good looking TT, that will not be a daily driver, but will look nice andbe reliable to take my gf somewhere when i dont wanna take my tacoma. I would like it to have 300+ whp.. [sm=burnout.gif]

^^ you guys know what i mean-while i would like it to be just a play car-and my tacoma is a nice one (07,doublecab,trd..etc...)- when you want to looknice going somewhere- to me you take a german car.

Quick Reply: Making a Fast TT