Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Lowering/Sport spring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lowering/Sport spring?

ORIGINAL: .clipse

^ OR you can get my already settled H&R race springs forabout $500cheaper

$200 shipped

PM sent.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:48 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Lowering/Sport spring?

^ PM, E-Mail & Invoice sent

Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM

So after you guys put your lowering springs on what was the ride like after???

Is 1inch getting low enough to need a camber kit?

Also Is it hard on any booshings? Strut towers?? So on??

Old 11-19-2008, 08:12 PM
5th Gear

a mild drop shouldn't affect bushings or anything, a moderate drop will start to put the a-arms closer to their design limits, which starts to put a little strain on the bushings.
an insane drop will pull apart bushings, slam your tire into your wheelwell at every bump, stop you from being able to turn all the way to lock, and tear apart CV boots. Ask me how I know.

Lowering an inch will probably require a camber kit. At least a half kit for the rear. Somewhat depends on how you want your alignment specs, and whether you have a lot of room to play with in the specs, even before the drop. I added camber adjustment on both front and rear of my car even before I lowered it, or I just couldn't get it into factory specs.

Oh, I used to swear by KMAC, I've since changed my mind. Their strut tower kit is def. garbage, and after a year and a half the poly bushing sleeves in the rear are cracked. I'll keep using them until they give me trouble, but after that, I'll probably move to a heim joint/captive ball setup all around. (custom)

Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ oh you!

quit ragging on slamming our cars ;]

Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear

I have the 1/2 kMac with my Eibach coilovers. I have 18s also, and the ride heigth couldn't be any lower without having drivability issues/bottoming out. I've got 2 fingers of room in the back, and about 2 1/2 in the front. You WILL feel every bump, but the edge you get in handeling will be more than worth it. Any lower, and I don't think I would enjoy the ride. Your better off saving the $ and buying coilovers. That way you can dial in your ride heigth correctly. I think I paid $570 total for install, corner balance, and alignment. Oh, and don't buy the coilovers from Eibach, because they don't have a place to mount the sway bar(like they are supposed to). Unless of course if you can find them on clearence like I did(I paid $460) and then fab up the sway mount. I have pics of the process if you want to go that route. All said and done, I paid around $1100 for a nice kit installed.

Last edited by warranty225cpe; 11-20-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i have about 1 1/2 finger gap (rear perch's out) in the rear and tucked in the front.

i rub like mad.

baahaha!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:51 PM

Yeah ill just save up and get some coilovers.. Or airbags!!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
3rd Gear

look for Eibach pro streets for a good price, and I will walk you through the process of building brackets for the front sway. That way you can save some$.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Right on! Still not so sure I wanna do it?... Maybe when I pay more off on the car..
My friend had a '96 eclipes. And he had it slammed to the gound.. And I swear we hit the roof with our heads when we went over a lil bump!! But I know there's way better set-ups then what he had(ebay crap)!

Quick Reply: Lowering/Sport spring?