Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

lol, BBA-reman...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear
Default lol, BBA-reman...

So a while back I was looking for a cluster and I found one for $150 shipped within 40 minutes of where I live. I struck a deal for $130 picked up, checked it in my car and it was in perfect condition! SCORE!

...or not.

I went to get it reprogrammed recently by a dude who has VAGdashCOM. This is a badass $800 interface that you have to get from Germany that can program and tweak clusters more than a dealer can. He couldn't connect to it since apparently, it's a Euro cluster with some weird EPROM that it can't read.[:@]

So off to eBay. BBA-Reman bought it overnight, hell who could pass up a perfect condition tested cluster? I was happy about that since I knew that they would make good use of it via gutting it instead of someone vainly thinking they can program it after this guy tried. Then today I get an unexpected package...from BBA? wtf? Open it up, sure enough there's my cluster, and an invoice. Says they found nothing wrong with it (surprise ay? ) and that I don't owe them anything.
[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Apparently, they thought my cluster was there to be rebuilt.

So I do the non-capitalistic thing (i.e. not sell it again) and call them up. I manage to thoroughly confuse one of their reps until she figures out what's going on. They say they'll email me a shipping label today. I ask if I can get some compensation for this pain in my *** of having to go back to UPS to ship their crap AGAIN...the UPS store is a decent drive from here. Not to mention I kind of freaked about seeing a package back from them...I thought they were returning my cluster as if they didn't want it and wanted their money back.
[sm=angrymail.gif]

Specifically, I asked if I could get my own cluster rebuilt by them as compensation for their mistake. I get another rep that tells me:

"the shipping label won't cost you anything...you can get your cluster rebuilt for $250"
"I'll pass"

And I'll also take my time shipping it back. [sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Default RE: lol, BBA-reman...

you are the king of emoticons.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear

[sm=youreright.gif]

Old 02-08-2008, 03:37 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear

you coulda re sold it to me =) I'm glad you did the hjonest thing and returned it!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:10 PM
5th Gear

:@
8|
sm=dontgetit.gif
sm=angrymail.gif
sm=idontcare.gif
sm=youreright.gif
sm=funnypostabove.gif

This is what I see. I turned the damned things off.Crazy story though.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM

:@

Old 02-08-2008, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

you coulda re sold it to me =) I'm glad you did the hjonest thing and returned it!
You would have (most likely) been stuck with kilometers per hour and 90,000 km on the odo.

As for returning...hahaha they'll get it back when it's convenient for me. Most likely when I sell something and take it to UPS I'll take their cluster with me. I'm not going out of my way to ship them a cluster that they were too stupid to know they bought. What was the tech thinking when he picked up a cluster to fix and found it was in IMMACULATE condition?