Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Little Help Please/Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Little Help Please/Check Engine Light

I don't have my owners manual readily available so I have to ask for help. My check engine light came on (triangle with circular arrow around it). This is different than any other problem I have encountered. Most other problems pop up on the cluster led. Is this something that can be read through the computers port?

I was looking briefly under the hood and noticed that there is a dipstick issue. The tube that the dipstick fits into is a little wobbly. I didn't see any oil dripping but wasn't sure if it was effecting my oil level reading. Anyone encounter this yet?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

I think that is the traction control? If it is, mine is on, too. Still trying to find my VAG-Com cable since I moved.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...i/IMG_1977.jpg is an engine light.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM

triangle with circular arrow is the ESP light. that will come on in the cluster when the ESP has been turned off manually (button press).

what's wierd about that is that when you turn the ESP off and you drive for a while, when you turn off the car and get back in later and restart, the light should be OFF in the cluster because by default the car starts back up with ESP on. so if yours is stuck on its either a cluster malfunction or something is wrong with the ESP system. have you tried to manually switch the ESP on and off via the button? try that out and see what happens....

Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm make believe

If your light is on and you didnt hit the ESP/ASR button, you most likely have triggered to much tq/slip and it should go away when you restart the car. Also you should check the MAF, if the maf is unplug (possible if your clip is broken) that light will come on also.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

well, my ESP light is on, and when i push the button, it doesn't go off. then i thought my maf was dead (cold start issues, too) so i unplugged it and plugged it back in - same thing. i reset it at autozone and after about 5 minutes it was back on.

hopefully this info somehow helps the other guys issue too.