Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

LiquidTT group buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

Got it last night and had it in within an hour. I LOVE this thing. My only concern now is if I have a boost leak. First it stated I was running 17.5 lbs and after driving last night then it maxed out at 13.5 lbs. Not sure what's up with that.

Thanks again for putting this together.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
4th Gear

well if you continue to have problems, as stated many a time, soapy water and patience...

i cant wait for my gauge!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
One more question... if I cut the obdII plug off (to solder it on), are the wires different colors or do I need to keep track of them all?
One more thing on this. You can NOT have two diagnostics on the OBD 2 port at once - only one can communicate at a time. If you try to hook up a second liquidTT, or a VAGCOM, or a ScanGauge while another unit is also plugged in, neither will function. I don't know if it swamps the buss, or what, but it don't go.

So, if you solder in the wiring, put a cut-off switch on the k-line wire so you can disable the data transfer to the liquidTT while whatever is in the OBD port is in use. This will leave the liquidTT powered on (so you won't have to enter the code again), but cut it off of the datastream, and "free" the other unit to communicate on the buss.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mininger
Got it last night and had it in within an hour. I LOVE this thing. My only concern now is if I have a boost leak. First it stated I was running 17.5 lbs and after driving last night then it maxed out at 13.5 lbs. Not sure what's up with that.

Thanks again for putting this together.
wOOt!

Certainly sounds like you do have a boost issue, though. Hope you can track that down...

Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MCPaudiTT
One more thing on this. You can NOT have two diagnostics on the OBD 2 port at once - only one can communicate at a time. If you try to hook up a second liquidTT, or a VAGCOM, or a ScanGauge while another unit is also plugged in, neither will function. I don't know if it swamps the buss, or what, but it don't go.

So, if you solder in the wiring, put a cut-off switch on the k-line wire so you can disable the data transfer to the liquidTT while whatever is in the OBD port is in use. This will leave the liquidTT powered on (so you won't have to enter the code again), but cut it off of the datastream, and "free" the other unit to communicate on the buss.
Thanks. I didn't think of that. Did you ever try to plug the liquid tt into a non-vw/audi car? I wounder if it could still read trouble codes.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
2nd Gear

It wouldn't work because different companys use more/less wires, along with "keys."

Old 08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
Thanks. I didn't think of that. Did you ever try to plug the liquid tt into a non-vw/audi car? I wounder if it could still read trouble codes.
I tried it in a Volvo rental I had, but that car was CANBUS, so it got powered, but couldn't read anything. I know many of the liquidTT functions are VAG-specific. Not sure if any of them are VAG-agnostic...

Old 08-30-2008, 04:13 PM
4th Gear

wait this thing can read codes too? haha oh it just gets better and better...

even though i dont have it yet

Old 08-30-2008, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
wait this thing can read codes too?
Seriously, you didn't know that! Reads engine codes, clears engine codes, and does throttle body alignment as well. All under the "Faults and Adaptations" menu.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear

Does it only do engine codes? Or all codes (abs, airbag, ect) too?

Quick Reply: LiquidTT group buy