Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

LiquidTT group buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

hm so i can just leave it on in my car and it will "go to sleep?" i just want to know. As for my radio there may be an electric problem in my car and it may also be the unit. If i turn the power completely off on my radio and plug this in the radio does not come on... It just may be the way the eclipse decks work... who knows.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
you guys got me all nervous now...

heres a though, go to a friggin store, buy a switch, cut the wire that powers the unit, hook it up to a switch and vua la... you have an on/off switch...

just quit rippin on MCP haha and calling **** dumb... he set us up with a good deal.

seriously though, try getting a switch
I guess this well allow for the "code" to be entered every time too.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by myslow1
im not calling anything dumb i am just concerned.
You weren't, but...

Originally Posted by myslow1
and there is an "off" he shuts his off in the video on their website.
Hey, learn something new every day! I didn't know it did that. So, you CAN turn it off, why don't you read the d*mn directions ; ) Hold the "joystick" up for two seconds, and let go. The screen will dim out. Then press the button to "wake" the screen back up - you will NOT need to re-enter the code (the unit is powered the whole time, just the display is off).

As for "auto off", the screen will dim after 1 hr. You do not need to turn it off unless you plan to leave your car for several days (I have left mine on for 4 days and the battery was still fine).

For the radio, I know there is an issue with VAGCOM and aftermarket radios... It has something to do with the k-line, which is what is being tapped (I think) with the liquidTT... I will need to look at this some more to see if it is related. Can you use a VAGCOM on your car right now?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 PM
4th Gear

haha oh god this brings out the stereotype that guys dont read directions though its so true... haha

Old 08-28-2008, 10:29 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
I guess this well allow for the "code" to be entered every time too.
even so, though i dont have mine yet, you make it sound like its a PITA to enter the code haha... i hope yours is like ZZZZ and you have to scroll through the alphabet everytime. haha jk...

but yea your right, youd still have to do the code, but MCP seemed to offer the solution by the hold up for 2 secs... try it out

Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

Jason/myslow1:

See this page with regards to aftermarket radios. I think this smells JUST like what you are seeing...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html

Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

Last edited by jakej; 08-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MCPaudiTT
Jason/myslow1:

See this page with regards to aftermarket radios. I think this smells JUST like what you are seeing...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html
sweet thanks! thats exactly what it is doing. I looked at how to fix it but i don't understand. You just remove the k-line wire (assuming this is the problem) and put it in the regular harness so it doesn't even go to the headunit....? Dunno, i will continue to shut it down when i get out so i dont run into this problem until i pull the cd player out and figure out how to do it.

as for reading the user manual... i didnt get one everything i know i learned from the page... Either which way i am satisfied.

thanks again

Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

Hmmm.... ok. So my options right now are:
A. Leave my Liquid TT on all the time, or until 1 hour when the screen goes to sleep
B. Enter the "code" every time I start my car

I'm an electrical engineer. The code is dumb as hell. A relay or transistor could save many hours of screen life. What don't you guys understand? The PCB is designed poorly.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 PM
4th Gear

hold up for 2 seconds and it will dim as said above... its not like your battery is going to die, i keep my ipod plugged in and playing everyday... sometimes i dont start my car for a few days and with the ipod going still starts up

Quick Reply: LiquidTT group buy