Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Lighter flywheel question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Lighter flywheel question

should work

Old 09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm make believe

3.3 Can I buy an Interface adapter somewhere else?
[blockquote]
Current versions of VAG-COM (versions 500.x and newer) are not compatible with 3rd party interfaces at all, even in shareware mode and vehicles that use CAN-Bus diagnostics require a genuine CAN Interface. To use the latest version of VAG-COM, you need to use a genuine KEY- or HEX- series Interface purchased directly from Ross-Tech or from one of our distributors.
You may find vendors that are willing to sell interfaces that they claim are "compatible" with certain older versions of VAG-COM. If you buy an interface from a 3rd party, please do not expect us to provide start-up support. If you can get it to work to your satisfaction using a currently supported shareware version, we'd be happy to have you register the VAG-COM software with us for $99 and will then provide support for the functionality of the software -- but not for connection problems.
Notes: (Caveat Emptor!)
We've had numerous reports of problems with 3rd-party USB interfaces. The USB drivers that we include with VAG-COM do not work with 3rd-party interfaces. In order for a 3rd party USB interface to work at all, the vendor must supply a USB driver for the device. Almost all 3rd party drivers emulate a Serial port. This is intrinsically slower than directly accessing the interface via USB. It may also cause difficulties connecting or unreliable sessions with some control modules.
We've had many reports that certain 3rd-party interfaces (Serial as well as USB) do not work properly with some control modules. If you have a 3rd party interface, please make sure it works with all the control modules in all the cars you're planning to scan before you register.
Again, If you buy someone else's interface and can't get it working, contact the vendor for support! Of course if you buy one of our complete hardware/software kits, we will provide start-up support as well as free updates for at least one year from date of purchase.

[/blockquote]

Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear

DAMN! I just tried to buy that cable but apparently i'm band indefinitely from ebay!! LOL

Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: moeron7

DAMN! I just tried to buy that cable but apparently i'm band indefinitely from ebay!! LOL
so YOU'RE one of them Nigerian scammers. bastard!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm make believe

is that with a new name?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
2nd Gear

No, I guess I owe them money or something. It didnt tell me why. I'll just get it under my bro's account

Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 PM

the flywheel will chatter like crazy. but its worth it. i've had it for about a year and it drives me nuts. i have a spec stage 3 clutch (unsprung disk) and fidanza flywheel. ask them for a sprung disk to lower the chatter. the reason they give unsprung disk was for a dual mass flywheel. in the same stage for standard flywheel the disk is sprung. the clutch will also grab really fast. almost everyone that drives my car stalls it. but i got used to it in about a week. .......god d@%n that chatter though. its the worst sound.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: precision tt

the clutch will also grab really fast. almost everyone that drives my car stalls it. but i got used to it in about a week. .......god d@%n that chatter though. its the worst sound.
YEah I stalled out at least 3 times in the parking lot leaving the shop. I'm still not used to it 100%. It catches real quick compared to stock.Yeah thechatter is pretty annoying, good thing I always have my radio blastin. Yeah i'm that guy at the stop lights you can hear.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: precision tt

a spec stage 3 clutch (unsprung disk) and fidanza flywheel. ask them for a sprung disk to lower the chatter. the reason they give unsprung disk was for a dual mass flywheel. in the same stage for standard flywheel the disk is sprung. the clutch will also grab really fast.
unsprung disc and street driving is hardcore.