Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Is this a legit FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
4th Gear
Default Is this a legit FMIC?

soooo cheap and yea... legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Inter...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Is this a legit FMIC?

Thats just a ebay bar and plate core. Should be more than you need for your current situation. But its just a core, no pipes.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 AM
4th Gear

Well i feel stupid

Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm make believe
Old 04-19-2007, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear

Interesting. So this boots psi? or keeps it from dropping? I just saw an pictoral install of an FMIC on audiworld (fotki?) and thought it was great. Now after seeing this, I'm wondering why anyone would ever consider FMIC unless its a little cheaper than 2 of these.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 AM
2nd Gear

Yes... but even so, you could do these one at a time while keeping the other stock until you upgrade the second one. hmm.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear

I think that a good FMIC which is bigger and where the air flow is directly on the fins will give you better results than an upgraded SMIC where the air flow has to findthe SMICin the engine compartment (the air getting hotter as its in the engine). A FMIC will cost about $900 on the average and if you replace both SMIC (225) then you have spent more over a $1000. The 180 should definately get a FMIC once they chip and do exhaust. The stock SMIC is a waste on the 180 once its chipped and you have done a couple of hard runs. I have the APR FMIC and even with a bigger turbo I feel the power there even after I have done several hard runs.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM
2nd Gear

So what would be the map sensor size for the TTQC 225?
The tCarbon FMIC is less in price than one of these SMICs as well. I haven't heard much about the performance of the tCarbon FMIC. Im a big believer in getting what you pay for (to a degree), which is why I'm still kind of cynnical of the tCarbon.

Is there a way to run the FMIC in conjunction with the stock SMICs? Obviously it would require tons of additional piping/hose, but could it be done? and would it honestly be worth anything practical or would it just be a conversation piece at best? I'd imagine it would require an additional intake which would change your air volume dramatically into the engine. Unless they fed into the same **** somehow, thus creating an enormouse backpressure of cold air. nvm. lol

*** Note: Please keep in mind that Im an aircraft mechanic and don't know anything about vehicle operation theory. If this question seems absurd or like it's coming out of left field, it's because I don't know **** about cars. Just curious to the limits of creativity.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM

I've always wondered if you could run a FMIC in line with the SMIC on the 180?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
2nd Gear

I think they would either need to feed into the same MAF/**** to keep track of the oxygen content (however, I dont know how that'd work since the MAF/**** is before the SMICs in the cycle of things)...

...or you'd have to run them in circuit. ie cool the air with the SMIC and feed it directly into the FMIC to be further cooled. Curious if that is possible. Im willing to try if it is.

Quick Reply: Is this a legit FMIC?