Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Keep my Z4 Coupe or go for a TT Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Default Keep my Z4 Coupe or go for a TT Roadster?

The title pretty much sums it up...I have a 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si and was planning to drive it as my only car...Well, the winters here in Rochester, NY have made me change my mind (or so I think...). I bought snow tires for the winter and with all of the snow, they are just not cutting it...My question is...

a) Should I just tough it out and keep my Z4?

b) For those who drive their TT's all year long, how are they in the snow with quality snow tires?

c) The car that I found is a 2006 TT Roadster 3.2 that is completely loaded...The dealer is asking $39k and will trade me even for my Z4....Is this a good deal or should I keep my eyes open for something better?

Thanks in advance for all of the annoying questions

Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Keep my Z4 Coupe or go for a TT Roadster?

The TT is a great winter car, even with FWD and nice All Season tires. If you want a TT, you really need to get a 1.8t and not the VR6. You can equal the performance and get better gas milage with just a chip ($250-500). Plus the tuning potential is greater on the TT if you want to make it fast(er).

Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

if snow is a problem the quattro is going to be heads and tails above the z4 rwd. Thats why I park my TA in the winter and drive a hyundai [&o]. I couldnt tell u at all about prices, but im biased as I dont like the z4, but then again im 6'2" 200lbs, I had to drive one (or possibly a z3... cant remember) when I was a vallet and had to twist myself into a fortune cookie to drive the damn thing...... They look cool though . But thats a tangent....... Id say TT, better in the conditions in which u live, really not any less sporty. I dont really see a downside.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear

IMO, the tt is a better value and more pratical. It's great in the snow. I would just sell the z4 and buy a differnt tt, instend of the trade.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

You could probably pick up the MKII TT for around that much. It'd be FWD but it's still pretty damn nice.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-21-2007, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: RedTTQ

You could probably pick up the MKII TT for around that much. It'd be FWD but it's still pretty damn nice.
[align=left] [/align]
You can get a 3.2 MkII coupe for $41k base. The roadster is $44k if you wanna stick with a roadster...although I don't know why you're driving one in that kinda climate that being your only car lol.

I'd take the 3.2 MkII over a 3.2 MkI anyday. The 6 speed manual instead of the DSG sells it for me.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Murderface

ORIGINAL: RedTTQ

[align=left] [/align]
You can get a 3.2 MkII coupe for $41k base. The roadster is $44k if you wanna stick with a roadster...although I don't know why you're driving one in that kinda climate that being your only car lol.

I'd take the 3.2 MkII over a 3.2 MkI anyday. The 6 speed manual instead of the DSG sells it for me.

I think I'd rather have the 2.0T than the 3.2

Not having quattro kinda sucks if you're in the snow, but fwd handles better than rwd in the snow.

I read the other day that a slightly modded 2.0T TT was giving a Cayman S a run for it's money around a track.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear

all personal preference except of course the tt awd will be better in snow although i dont like bmw style right now with "bangles fire surface styling".Performance is about equal but the z4 is about to be discontinued in another year the z6 will replace it for 2009.You seem like money isnt really an issue and some people i know need the newest and baddest so i thought i would put that out there.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:37 AM
2nd Gear

I read the other day that a slightly modded 2.0T TT was giving a Cayman S a run for it's money around a track.
Damn, where'd you see that? Keeping up with a Cayman S is quite an accomplishment.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
2nd Gear

i had the same issue when contemplating the pruchase of new car,

i was looking at an 05 Z4, but ened up with a TT.

if you have an 07 Z4, really you should go for an 07 TT and not the 06TT. you can probalby get good trade in on the TT with a z4. correct me if im wrong but i think the 07z4 is more $$ than the TT VR6

Quick Reply: Keep my Z4 Coupe or go for a TT Roadster?