Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Issues after timing belt job...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Issues after timing belt job...

Yeh, I guess I shouldn't hate on the TT because of a few problems... I know I have put a RX-8 to shame on the interstate before, but I do love their looks.
Its just frustrating.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
3rd Gear

Kinda sounds dumb but from what im reading you are getting boost but dont feel any pull, have you checked your clutch, if its starting to slip then you will boost but not go anywhere? I dunno just an idea...

Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

Good point there 225tt, I'll look into that... because when I shift at higher rpms and under higher boostthen engauge the clutch the rpms still climb A LOT!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear

sounds like a slipping clutch or bad Flywheel(dualmass) get it changed soon cuz it will only get worse.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
3rd Gear

Hey maybe I figured it out![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

Well guys, its not the clutch. I had a friend of mine who is a clutch guru drive the car and thats not the problem. Also its not a boost leak, I did a test today ind the system seems to be air tight, after I did the test and adjusted some clamps I took it for a test drive and the car seemed to be fine it was not sluggish at all.

Then on the way home I hear a loud pop, the car loses power and the esp light comes on, I already know what happened so I pull over and grab the screwdriver out of the glove box. open the hood and yup, the IC hose that connects to the upper charge pipe blew off. I rig it up and drive home.

After putting 2 clamps on the hose I go back out for another test drive and what ya know, the car is back to the way it was, SLOW [:@]I drive the car hard and its just lacking power, and twice on this test drive this loud thud/bang happens, you can hear it and feel it. I don't know what it is, it sounds like it came from the drivers side of the engine, but I dont get any lights on the dash or anything. Just plain weird.

That seems to be my only problem left now though, my weird DV noise is gone and my temp gauge is working... and at this point the only thing I know to do is just let it take its course, I am totally clueless [&o]

Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 AM
3rd Gear

Hmm, what is the max boost that you can get now? Where is your boost gauge hooked up to? Have you run vag-com to see and check all the data, I dont know exactly what blocks to check just an idea. Just thinking that your ECU may of gone into limp when you blew off the upper IC hose.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 AM
2nd Gear

My max boost is about 22 or 23psi, my gauge is hooked up to one of the small vac lines thes kinda goes over the valve cover.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
3rd Gear

Well if you are boosting that much then you are not in "limp mode" you could try to connect ur gauge to the DV or to the FPR just to see if there are any changes, other than that I dunno man, maybe take it to someone else and see about the clutch cause that honestly is the only thing that I can think of im clueless.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

I'm taking it back to the dealer thursday, If they can't fix it I don't know what to do... on my way home from work I have to accelerate kind of quickly because of the traffic and right in the middle of 2nd gear it made that pop sound and it just jolts the car, itkeeps on going but is just slow as it can be [:@]... I woner if it could be my spark plugs, I just changed them 1k miles ago to the NGK BKR7E's, I don't know if they could be the problem but at this point I'm just taking wild guesses

Thanks 225tt for keeping up with my problems and trying to help, hopefully I'll get the car straight one of these days

Quick Reply: Issues after timing belt job...