Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Introduction...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 05:03 AM
2nd Gear
Default Introduction...

Wow,
How rude have I been? I've posted a few questions now and have yet to really introduce myself.
My name is Chris. Im an independantly unwealthy aircraft mechanic by trade.
I have a Green 2001 Audi TT 225 Coupe. I've had it a few years and have just recently begun minor performance mods. I have however, done a few things in the way of audio (signature has details).
I'm no race car driver and don't in any way consider my car a race car. I enjoy the comforts of my car and only intend to better mold it to my unique tastes. I'm here to see what is out there and what the options are that have already been utilized by other TT owners. I'm not trying to "bite" off of anyone, but rather I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel. So far I only have an APR ECU upgrade 93 Oct.

Im starting small for now and have ordered (but not installed yet...):
[ul][*]Modshack VTDA (Stainless)[*]Vent Ring Gauge Kit (Haven't picked out the boost gauge yet. Still working on it.)[*]Forge SAMCO Turbo inlet Hose (Blue)[*]Forge 007P DV[/ul]

I figured I'd show some pictures ofminethus far...

Day One... four years ago...

Inside... Before..

Inside after audio install. (Alpine IVA-D310 7" DVD)
*Not shown - 6½" Focal Utopia 3-way components in the doors

Amplifiers behind the seats. The backseats seemed pointless, so I made better use of the space. (Note the nectar of the Gods in the cupholders)
Sound Processor, Capacitor, and HU receiver mounted behind amps inside the enclosure.
(Also note the rocker switch on the console. This is to switch on a few different things I have installed. mostly cosmetic lighting)

Image from the back of the installed HU

Two x JL Audio 12w7 (Sealed Custom fit enclosure.)

I'll post more pictures as the performance mods are installed.

-Chris

Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Introduction...

Geez, twins...

Just picked up the TT I've been looking at for the last month, a 2001 Desert Green 225 coupe.
And I work for GE Aircraft Engines, so our jobs kinda go hand-in-hand. I don't have a hot wife like you though, ya' got me there!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
3rd Gear

Looks good! I used to be a big JL audio fan but have now converted to MTX. Either way looks like the interior is comming along nicely.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you very much. The MTX T9500 is one of the best subwoofers out there. They're one of few companies to last over the years without degradation of quality. I had a hard time choosing the w7s amongst the MTX and Boston counterparts in the way of SQ.
Contrary to how it may look from the pictures, I'm not even really a bass-head. I started from the front and worked my may back for SQ, not SPL. This is my daily driver and 'm kind of an audiophile; so as long as I can listen to good music while I'm driving comfortably, life is good for me.
I really haven't decided on any more interior/cosmetic mods past the pending boost gauge vent mod. (Even thoughthe gaugeis more for practical purpose than aesthetics. But I have to say, they look clean after install.)

Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

matt you better get some pics up and change your sig