Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Insult to injury...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
5th Gear
Default Insult to injury...

On top of all the other **** going on with my car lately, and getting kicked out of my new apartment after living there only 3 weeks (crazy cat-lady roommate.. it wasn't working out), I was driving back to the apartment tonight, and hit a pothole I hadn't seen before. Split the sidewall on my pass. front tire. Yelled some explitives, and threw the spare on the car... to discover it was mostly flat.

Well, I have air in the spare now, it turns out you don't need a valve stem fitting on an air line, just press the quick disconnect onto the stem, pressure will force it open. I will however, need to replace a set of tires. On the upside, being that the haldex isn't working, I can replace just the fronts, and not worry about the difference in rolling radius with the rears.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Default RE: Insult to injury...

That really sucks Matt. Welcome back to the FWD club.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 PM

damn son when it rains it pours! sorry to hear that.

yeah a pothole did the same thing to me last week- took out my front tire and left me with a 4-inch sidewall bulge. i just bit the bullet and got 4 new tires. credit cards!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear

discount tire insurance is a wonderful thing to invest in having said that i dont have it =(

Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
5th Gear

I'm gonna cross my fingers that someones already complained about that pothole. Usually, if a complaint is raised with the DOT, and they don't get it fixed within a certain time, they're responsible for damages caused by whatever the complaint was for. If I'm super lucky, the city of Burlington will at least pay for part of a tire. The tire was lookin pretty beat anyway, so if they wanna see it in person, I know they'll say tough ****. Worth a try, gonna try to get a pic of the hole tomorrow. Hopefully I don't blow out my spare in the mean time, this city has some hellacious holes, and they'll only get worse in the spring when everything thaws.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah its times like these that something nice usually happens in the near future, im a believer in karma, and so far it hasn't let me down. Just when you think everything just sucks *****, a hot girl or a golden nugget lands in your lap.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
5th Gear

so true!

I got kicked out of that condo, and the place I'm most likely moving into is occupied by 2 college girls.

Great success!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Site Moderator

Good stuff. [8D]

Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 PM

there was a kid on tristate vortex forums a while back that hit a pothole, got pictures, tried to go to the town and complain, got the police involved, etc. etc. and nothing came out of that at all.

best bet is to bite the bullet and forget about it. you cant go up against "the man" without some serious lawyers and money.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 PM
5th Gear

It's like I said, they have to have known about it, and you need to prove thats what did the damage. Doesn't hurt to try, doesn't cost anything, why pass up free money if you can get it.

Quick Reply: Insult to injury...