Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

installing boost gage. ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
1st Gear
Default installing boost gage. ?

hi, can someone please show me a link where i can find DETAILED instructions on what i need for the boost gage and how to install them. i need it to show me where the line is that i hae to cut to hook it up to tell the boost pressure and where to hook it up electrically. thank you

Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: installing boost gage. ?

I don't normally like to say this....
But considering there are at least 3 threads about boost gauges on the first page alone, I'm gonna go ahead and amuse myself...

Check out the FAQ at the top of the TT section. There are 3 links under the boost gauge question, and I know there are DETAILED instructions.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:40 PM
4th Gear

since i have nothing to do here.... this is from the awe site... go to this link and on the left there is another link for "instalation instructions for awe... blahh blah" click that and yea... i hope you can do the rest...

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...IL=ttventgauge

Old 09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
cmh

Disregard the AWE wiring, that will have the boost gauge constantly lit up w/ ignition- Search and find the write up to tap in @ the headlight switch so the gauge functions like the rest of the cluster. Hint: it is the light blue wire.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm make believe

Mine is on all the time, i cant tell, but it is. Some need the constant light to make them even visable.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM

Here is a writeup.

Here is another writeup.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

I actually had problems with my boost gauge lighting up while connected to the headlights. I tried hooking it up to the dimmer and the headlight, using the light blue wire with no luck. But thanks to some members on here, I was told to hook it up to the 75x terminal, it is located under the dash, lower left hand side, it actually says 75x. You will have constant lights, but during the day you cant really tell.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: jeremyevans81

I actually had problems with my boost gauge lighting up while connected to the headlights. I tried hooking it up to the dimmer and the headlight, using the light blue wire with no luck. But thanks to some members on here, I was told to hook it up to the 75x terminal, it is located under the dash, lower left hand side, it actually says 75x. You will have constant lights, but during the day you cant really tell.
the blue and gray wire should have worked. not understanding why it didn't. do your dimmers work?

Old 03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

ORIGINAL: jeremyevans81

the blue and gray wire should have worked. not understanding why it didn't. do your dimmers work?
What if you don't havea Blue or Blue and Gray wire? Which wire do you use? I have an 04 TT 225 and Blue and Gray are not colors that exist in the headlight
switch or dimmer switch. I already tried splicing it into a couple random wires with pretty colors but so far nothing lights up the gauge. I am stumped.
Maybe I have to hook into that mysterious 75x terminal if it exists in my car.

Thanks to exTTreme I was able to find a wire that powers up with the iginition. No dimming but that is okay by me.
Now I have another issue. The damn tubing kit from 42DD doesn't really work with the in vent installation. The vent tunnel in the back of the gauge
requires the tubing to take a sharp 90 degree turn which totally kinks that hard tubing from 42DD. I guess that was a waste of money.
Now I have to get an adapter with a vaccum nipple in order to install some flexible silicone tubing. I guess I should have bought an AWE gauge.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

I am installing mine next week. I had not found those two write ups. Thank you for posting them. I think they are better then the ones I had found.

Quick Reply: installing boost gage. ?