Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I'm thinking of raffling my TT off. to the community

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Default I'm thinking of raffling my TT off. to the community

hi guys. its been a long time since i've been on here and just about as long since i've driven my TT. I've come to a decision of raffling my car off to the audi community. I figure since i have so much money invested in the car i will never be able to sell it for what i figure it is worth. I tallied up everything and it was close to 25k in mods. My idea is to raffle the car to a group of 200 people. The reason for the 200 people mark is that i want to make sure you guys feel a fair chance of winning. the buyin would be 100 dollars and the raffle would happen when the 200th person is in. I figure i would use paypal for the transactions and the raffle would happen at a meetup. The car is in great shape and to me it looks good, although not all people are fans of the intense body. what do you guys think of the idea. would you all be interested. I have shipped cars before and the title is free and clear in hand. you could also fly in and drive home. what do you guys think overall. would you be in? would you guys instead preffer a 200 buyin with only 100 spots to fill? or 150 buyin with 135 spots?

Name:  SANY0121.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  99.5 KB
Name:  SANY0123.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  98.8 KB

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post5104808

Last edited by precision tt; 03-31-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 PM

good idea to try to get 20k for your car.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM
2nd Gear

I don't think you would ever get 200 people

Old 03-31-2010, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

Why don't you pair it with a cause? Greek festivals do it all the time in Cincinnati. They raffle off a car (usually new though) and I believe they have success in selling all the tickets.

Think about donating half to the charity. Check with a tax guy to see if it can qualify as a deduction. Think about connections you may have like ethnic group, church, festival of some sort. jakej is right though, it's tough to get 200 people, but if you make it more affordable and add in the cause component, it might work.

Good luck!

I'm carless...sold is my...

Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 PM

Its being sold in conjunction with Walnut Creek Customs. A very nice shop in the bay area. www.WalnutCreekCustoms.com We are having a summer opening BBQ and the car will be raffled then. We well set it up with facebook and twitter updates so the winner can find out right away. the purchase will be through e-bay and payment through paypal. tax deductions fall under gambling losses, so it is deductible. i will post the link once i get it going on e-bay and we might have summer sale at the shop that can get you a ticket in the drawing. Talk to you all soon. So far we got a tally of about 40 people since this morning.

Last edited by precision tt; 03-31-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

that a hot *** looking ride...subscribed to thread...if you end up doing it, I can't promise you anything, but I'd have to give serious consideration to going in for a hundy.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Thumbs up Nice Car!

I'd buy a ticket. But would like to see the fine print.
Like would it be 200 people or a time limit, which ever came first. What if you don't get 200 people?
Do you have to be present at the raffle to win?

Taxes? I recently saw a raffle for a pair of mustangs and the winner has to come up with the tax $ to receive the prizes. That could be difficult.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM

there isnt a final decision yet, but it will go the following way. getting a ticket open for 30 days. if less than the preset required tickets are acquired, then everyone gets their tickets refunded. if all tickets are acquired then there is no need to wait the 30 days and the giveaway will take place shortly after, or possibly still wait for a preset event such as a bbq or meet if that is set up. tax and registration will be taken care of for the new owner. I am assuming that mostly local people will enter in the drawing and if it is a local or california winner, i will go with them to the DMV to transfer the car and pay the fees. I hope that is simple enough. and you dont have to be present to win. there will be a list with number attached to the names that acquired tickets. the order is preset by the order in which tickets were purchased, even if you buy more than one. once you win you can take your time to plan and come pick up the car if you are not local. if you give your ticket to another person you are still the winner and you and only you will get the car. after that its up to you. I will also aide in shipping the vehicle. and make it as painless as possible for the new owner, but shipping will be paid by the new owner. als othe car is getting all new eurojet hoses and sidemount intercooler kit to make it as close to factory and smog friendly. I want the new owner to not have any problems.

Last edited by precision tt; 04-05-2010 at 01:43 PM.