Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
MBC with diode
11.11%
MBC with Chip
33.33%
MBC with Chip and Diode
0%
BM with diode
0%
BM with chip
44.44%
BM with chip and diode
0%
attempted but fail
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

If you are running 20 PSI w/MBC or BM

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Default If you are running 20 PSI w/MBC or BM

I have been doing some study about MBC on the past threads. I have yet to see anyone successfully to achieve 20psi from using a MBC with a chip w/o diode mod. . Today, I installed the new MBC, which cincy recommended ( Well, it sounds reliable huh?), and spend my day off testing it with different number of clicks.

I closed the valve entirely, I ran 5psi.
3clicks- 6psi, 8-9psi, 13-12psi, 15-13psi, 20-14psi, 28-14psi (?), 33-14psi(???),35-14psi( wtf?)
I am pretty sure I installed it correctly. Previously, I also installed my Forge MBC from ECS tunning. If I am not wrong, I get the similar result with this MBC.

So, I just want to do a poll to see how you did it if you are running 20psi or above or successfully climb up your boost with a MBC
Maybe I can make a assumption statistically.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Default RE: If you are running 20 PSI w/MBC or BM

please share with us some of your experience

Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm make believe

What mbc did you get?

Btw, i liked how you threw me under the bus there...

Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 PM

https://www.audiforums.com/m_602811/tm.htm

Same MBC same model of TT same problem..............Hey! Something just rang the bell

Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm make believe

My brother got that one and i installed it just fine. Since i didnt have any problem with it, i let others know about itand jsut about everyone else has had problems. So i havent suggested that one in months or will again. Dont know if the quality changed or what, but im not recommending that one again. So i wouldnt be overly mad by buying one of the cheapest mbc's on the market ($20 shipped). Im waiting on a couple other people that have got the voodoo clone of my turboXS mbc to see how that works out and if it gets some positive reviews, if so, iwill recommend that one more.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Mine never increased boost when I turned the dial. No matter how many clicks I gave it, it still only boosted to 14 and settled around 10. I just ended up removing it, cuz i assumed it was bad. Being from ebay i wasn't expecting much and not entirely surprised when it didn't work, but thought it'd be fun to play with....

Old 09-15-2007, 03:16 AM
2nd Gear

From what I managed to gather from the sparse info on the auctions...it's a ball and spring design since it mentions "stainless steel ball bearing" in it. I think it'd be hard to mess up a bleed valve to the degree where it doesn't work properly.

In that case, it's pretty easy to determine the cause...not stiff enough spring. You could go hunt down a tougher spring at a hardware store or go with some quality stuff and get a Boostvalve like I did

Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 AM
2nd Gear

I dont have the diode. Just chip and BM.
Up until one of my vac lines went bad, I was boosting 23psi steady.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Murderface

From what I managed to gather from the sparse info on the auctions...it's a ball and spring design since it mentions "stainless steel ball bearing" in it. I think it'd be hard to mess up a bleed valve to the degree where it doesn't work properly.
It is a gated valve like the turbosmart. There is a ball and spring in the T peice and the bleed in the boost controller peice.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

im running a modshack Boost Machine and it works fine. plus i have GIAC, but im running into limp mode probs. ive started a few projects so a VAG Com may come soon see if im getting a code that im not seeing.

the boost machine did and will increase boost and does change the onset, but the ones that do work after installation should work the same. as for 20 psi ... still trying got close but limp mode is my enemy and the war still rages on.

Quick Reply: If you are running 20 PSI w/MBC or BM