Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

IAT logs on Tcarbon FMIC w/misters

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: IAT logs on Tcarbon FMIC w/misters

Also, just so you guys know, IAT doesn't give you the exact efficiency of the core. During testing, probes were mounted into each endtank in order to get exact and accurate temparatures for before IC and after IC. IAT isn't as accurate with intercooler only efficiency because the air gets hotter than it was due to engine temps, ect. by the time it gets to the throttle body. Nevertheless the test is still valid, just making it clear that it isn't the core's exact efficiency.

Nice post!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Tylor

Also, just so you guys know, IAT doesn't give you the exact efficiency of the core. During testing, probes were mounted into each endtank in order to get exact and accurate temparatures for before IC and after IC. IAT isn't as accurate with intercooler only efficiency because the air gets hotter than it was due to engine temps, ect. by the time it gets to the throttle body. Nevertheless the test is still valid, just making it clear that it isn't the core's exact efficiency.

Nice post!
very true, there is 1, maybe 2 coolant lines running very close to post IC pipe... they get VERY hot.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm make believe

Here you go Tylor since you want to **** and whine, i just posted the temps for the highest it peaked, not the lowest. Also measuring intake temps in just one gear pull isnt all that descriptive either. Also that extra 6+ feet of piping on the 180kit and the huge recirc line for the DV, pretty poor and lazy method you choose there. Good luck with the Ebay cores you sell.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

Sigh...

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Here you go Tylor since you want to **** and whine,
So - clearing things up and posting facts is "pissing and whining"? If someone doesn't agree with you 100%, it's "pissing and whining"?

i just posted the temps for the highest it peaked, not the lowest. Also measuring intake temps in just one gear pull isnt all that descriptive either.
So you converted the temperature it was at when he was "off the gas"? If so, I see why your temperature was very high - I wasn't sure before. However, it seems most logicial to convert the temperature at WOT, or when the car is boosting. I converted the WOT temperatures. Did I say this testing was the most descriptive testing? No, in fact - I said the testing was flawed. Read above.

Also that extra 6+ feet of piping on the 180kit and the huge recirc line for the DV, pretty poor and lazy method you choose there. Good luck with the Ebay cores you sell.
I thought this thread was about the 225 kit? Anyway, I have said it a countless number of times - you are more than welcome to your opinion, but AT LEAST post facts. 6+ feet? The car is how wide? If you missed it, I posted these calculations for you:

The K03 turbo flows 275 CFM @ 15PSI
That is 475,200 CIM @ 15PSI (Cubic INCHES per Minute)
The added piping is 3.5' = 42" @ 60MM Diameter which = a 1.18" Radius
The volume of a cylinder equals the (area of the base)*height= pie r^2
Therefore, the volume of the added length = 183.8 Cubic Inches

Back to the turbo flowing, it flows 475,200 CIM, let's change that to seconds
475,200/60 = 7,920 Cubic Inches per Second

Now, let's find out how many seconds it takes to fill that added volume:
183.8/7920 = 0.02 SECONDS

Pressure drop is a factor, however, it is unavoidable and can easily be fixed with a Boost Machine or any other boost controller. How else would you like to vent the air back into the system? Do you suggest a BOV instead? If the customer doesn't like the length the air has to travel to divert back into the system, they can choose not to do the "DV relocation" part of the kit.

I'm not sure what you have against me...

Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

cmon, no fighting boyz.....

tylor i was wondering if there is a difference on the diameter of the pipes for the 225 kit vs the 180 kit.

also the 3.5' of added piping you are talkin about includes the distance for the oem cross pipe or just the tubing provided with your kit?

for us that donnot want to reloc the DV, or maybe go BOV, will you be offering 180 kits w/o the dv reloc?

Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm make believe

I have never once said anything bad about you, you on the other hand have made personal attacks at me.... shows your true colors. I have only spoken of my dislikes for your product and they are my view, and my view alone. Your personal attacks are the reason for my pissing and whining comments. You and others can act like i dont see them if you want, but its just sad all the 2 faced people i see on here, vortex, and aw.

Back OT. There is atleast 5-6 feet in extra tubing on the 180 kit compared to most other setups like forge or any kit with piping going down the drivers side and around and 6' of more piping added onto the sock piping using this method. So your not claiming that the U bend to the cross over pipe (maybe 12-14"), the cross pipe (3.5' from your response), and then back to the TB hose (14-22") is only 3.5'?

No to mention who runs the turbo at 15psi? Chips already take it to 18-20psi, with a 2-3psi drop, your now making people choose less boost or run the turbo further out of its effiency range causing even more heat to the party. Lag was only a small part of the problem, pressure drop is more of a concern.

As for the dv, I just dont like having another hose in a already cluttered engine bay wrapping fulling around the engine bay and then have a Home Depot white plastic fitting in the intake.

So again, i never had a problem with you until your personal attacks. I never said a negative thing about you or that your stuff didnt perform, i just said my feelings towards them. Your acting like im calling you an idiot and stupid like you have me on AW.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
2nd Gear

i had a suspicion that the 3.5' did not iclude the already attached cross pipe.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm make believe

The cross pipe is all the extra volume he is accounting for. But the stock smic (only counting one here) already has some pressure loss.

Boost Factory

Another side note is the 4+ psi pressure drop of the stock cooler and the unmeasureable drop of the BFSM.

Another interesting link is the APR site that has enough info for you to draw some interesting conclusions. I do notice they dont mention the ambient temp or the intercooler efficiency. My conclusion from this is that it would take all the same info they provide+ some damm hot ambient temps to equal the BFSM
We tested this BFSM and found it to flow 491cfm@1psi pressure drop
First post

Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

im curiosu how will the BM correct pressure loss?

i understand that if i get loss of pressure i up the requested boost, but if that requested boost has to be upped will that not put more stress on the turbo and the complete system?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

Ya know... I wish someone on here had the forge that could do some IAT logging too. I logged some data with and without the W/M going for IAT... and I was sitting at like 50* at the light.... and got down to like 14* with w/m on ... at full throttle.

Quick Reply: IAT logs on Tcarbon FMIC w/misters