Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I think i got screwed on a cluster

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear
Default I think i got screwed on a cluster

I bought one on ebay for 205 said it was perfect... I bought it to replace mine with my missing lines in the lcd. I put it in and its lcd is worse than my old one. Is this a cluster issue or something else. The auction said the cluster only has 20k on the milage... I have launched a dispute... please get back to me on this.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I think i got screwed on a cluster

[hr]

Audi TT Instrument Clusters
[hr]

Green Welling LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Audi of America for Defective Instrument Clusters in Audi TT's Manufactured Prior To 2005
Green Welling notified Audi of our intention to file a class action lawsuit in connection with defective instrument clusters in Audi TT’s manufactured prior to 2005. Audi responded that it refuses to provide a remedy for all California consumers that were injured, indicating it prefers to provide a repair or refund only to those consumers who make the most noise.
The instrument cluster in Audi TT’s manufactured before 2005 appear to contain a defect that causes seemingly random malfunctions. For example, gas gauges show a 1/4 tank when the tank is empty; the tachometer bounces around or sits idle regardless of engine speed; the temperature gauge rests in one spot, then moves to another with no connection to the heat in the engine. Eventually the instruments in the TT’s defective dashboard will stop working altogether – once the car is shut off, the car will not restart. Audi often blames the malfunctions on failed sensors or treats it as an isolated problem. Audi, however, appears to know the cause of the problem – a defective microprocessor – but does not want U.S. owners to find out.
Audi offered a recall on the defective instrument panels for all affected TT owners in the U.K., and offered to “treat sympathetically†U.K. owners who paid out of pocket for a replacement instrument panel. Audi refused to make the same offer to California consumers. We intend to bring a class action lawsuit that seeks to force Audi to extend the same offer in California, and to enforce Audi’s warranty that it would provide Audi TT purchasers with a car free from defects.
Green Welling seeks to represent a class of all persons or entities, residing in California, who purchased or leased an Audi TT manufactured prior to 2005, or who paid for a replacement instrument panel(s) regardless of whether they still own or lease that vehicle.

If you own or lease an Audi TT manufactured before 2005 and would like to discuss your rights, or be a part of the Audi litigation, please click here. or direct your inquiries to Charles Marshall at (888) 610-4768

[hr]

Home | The Firm | Consumer Clients | Investor Clients | Recent Successes | Investigations | About Class Actions | Publications | Employment | Useful Links | Report a Problem | Search
Green Welling LLP, 595 Market Street, Suite 2750, San Francisco, California 94105
Telephone: 415-477-6700 Fax: 415-477-6710
Email: gw@classcounsel.com
Notice of Advertising and Disclaimer: None of the information on this web site constitutes legal advice or opinion as to any reader's specific situation. This web site and its contents might be considered advertising under your state's laws. Please read our full disclaimer.
For consumer credit information, please also visit
www.consumercreditclaims.com
© 2005 Green Welling LLP. All Rights Reserved.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear

Yes, that is one of the symptoms of a defective cluster.. dropped pixels, etc... Some people on AW have had success with sending these letters and have gotten AoA to pick up a good portion of the cluster replacement on an out of warranty TT.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 AM
SoCal Crew Member

I just paid about $1100 to get mine fix urrg I was so mad.....Oh yea I live in California too..

Old 02-08-2007, 04:09 AM

I just spent the $1000 as well. Last week in fact.