Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

this would be far better and way less piping.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Default RE: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

No man, I don't think you should listen to cincy on this one. Your idea was so much better. Look, all I got to say is Aliens!!!! You might as well just sell your car if you are going to lose one of the major cool aspects of it.

j/k of course

Honestly, how often have you used your headlight washers? I live in CO where we use sand and other dirt and gravel to coat the snow in winter and things get really dirty really quick. Even with that I have only used the aliens once and that was to show a friend in a "see how cool this is" fashion.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

I hate to say it, but my main thing is price. If i already have all the parts to run it looping around, realistically, how much worse is that than running it with a 225 manifold, or with a kit like cincy posted. I guess that is what my question is.

I have an email in to the guys that make the kit, to see what the piping runs.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm make believe

if you can stomach that, then go for it....ABD can.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

I'll let you know what they come back with as far as pricing goes. If we can use 3rd party IC's and the piping kit and keep it under 300, its a great alternative to everything else out there.

Its just for me - I already have a friend who has a 2.5" mandrel bent piping kit for his neon that he sold. I can use that for free, or I can buy what you suggested. Free is better, but it depends on what type of sacrifice comes along with it. If it drops 1-2 PSI and there is serious turbo lag, then it was not a worth while modification. However, if it doesnt lower the PSI or increase lag drastically but fixes the heatsoak problem, then it was worth it.

I just wasn't sure if aynone else used the stock SMIC bar to try and run a FMIC. I wanted to try and get some real world oppinions on the setup, because I can't imagine i'm the first one to think of it. In my mind, it makes sense because you are just adding 3.5 foot sectionof a straight tube to the picture.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm make believe

for a faster response you can send the owner a im on vortex

Old 06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

im just curious, but how would something like...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-...QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick...QQcmdZViewItem

work on a 180? That has the inlet / outlet going out the same side. Wouldn't that really be the optimal solution, or does that path destroy the psi with the sharp turn in flow?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm make believe

the first one is a little thick and would require plenty of trimming. EVOM's has a kit with a core like that and piping is easy to run.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

well, thats good to know. I know they are a bit thick, but I am really just looking at alternatives to a 1k+ forge setup. I guess I just like being different.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm make believe

and all this time i thought "I" was the differnt one

Quick Reply: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.