Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:29 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

A better bet is to get the intercooler you have, then contact Don R with Unitroics and get the 007 small port intake manifold with the TB on the D/S. Better flow more power and less intercooler tubing to deal with.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.

Yeah, but I'm semi-poor 26 year old with a fresh outa college job. I mean, I'm doing 3 bolt ventpod gauge installations to cut costs. :-)

Ican get the piping from the site Cincy posted, or some pre-bent sections with silicone joints on ebay, and I already have the IC. Picking up a new manifold really isnt an option yet because it will jump the cost up.

Switching the TB around to the D/S would shave off 4 feet of tubing that I would otherwise route through the stock SMIC pipe. How much of a big deal is that 4 feet of hose? I'd be worried about heat, but I'm betting that pipe doesnt heat up a whole lot. I am mostly worried about PSI loss.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
3rd Gear

Looking at probably a couple of psi maybe but....if you have a mbc then you can try to dial that back so you wont loose alot, mabye have alittle lag but it shouldnt be too bad, my opinion is to just save your pennies untill you can do the swap or wait a few months and my 225tt maniwith TB will be for sale cheep. Good luck.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
4th Gear

haha if your girl isnt car smart... Sell it again on ebay, make a buck, and tell her you put it injk that was horrible

Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

the extra distance makes that big of a difference, eh? :-(

Old 06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
4th Gear

haha to be honest... i am not the guy to be asking about intercoolers YET, when something is of my interest i learn... i thought the joke would just be a friendly little ha ha and give some guys a good smirk

Old 06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

my comment was directed more towards 225tt.

Darn, I was really hoping to use that FMIC. I really didnt want to get involved with a new manifold and a TB.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 PM

im glad Im retired because these things don't bother me any more lol and your g/f bought it[:-] I suggest you have it fitted before she embraces you

Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm make believe

i leave for one night and this goes nuts.

- swapping manifolds will not shorten the path of the ic piping.
- the piping and your intercooler you have will fit, pics below and thread here

- no need for anything from a 225TT
- there will be triming, but since you are using a smaller size core, there will be less. he has the large core in the thread
- aliens will most likely be gone, but i dont see anyone in this tread crying about it
- the covers for the aliens wont open beacuse the actuator wont push it open
- the thread claimed ~1psi drop but a huge gain in low end torque and a tiny bit or lag (again he has larger core)
- no point in getting a intake manifold unless you get a turbo of a 28rs or bigger.

** the link i provided comes with a map sensor flange, the ebay one doesnt.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

ah. that is different than how I was planning it. I was going to loop it all back around to the stock locations for the SMIC using the Dual SMIC hardpipe under the car.

Quick Reply: I need someone to check out this Intercooler setup and tell me if its okay.