Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I need some help with codes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
so what do you suggest when it comes back again? i cleared mine and it came back within 50 miles, ive been under the hood and through my hoses and such and i just dont know what to do anymore
You are probably overboosting. IIRC, The Engine Torque Monitor is a calculated value using MAF, MAP, and a couple other inputs. If you overboost (MBC, Chip, etc) the calculated value will throw the code based upon theoretical value exceeds the limit.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by vegastt
As soon as I heard the pop I want to move over, I tried to give it a little gas and I had hardly any response from the throttle. The car seemed to be running on two cylinders so I pull over sit for like ten mins.I check under the hood, all lines are connected and car doesn't smell or look bad.

I have a feeling that the coilpacks might be the problem but I'm curious to why I lost so much throttle response. I was on the side of the road with a rough idle/ If I hit the gas it couldn't get more than 1100 RPM's
Originally Posted by XCLR8TT
I'd be less likely to suspect the Coil Packs as the reason for loss of power. Bad coil packs are usually more symptomatic of misfire codes and a hesitation or shudder under load.
Faulty Coil Pack issues will result in a lose of power and an inability to obtain any rpm.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by XCLR8TT
You are probably overboosting. IIRC, The Engine Torque Monitor is a calculated value using MAF, MAP, and a couple other inputs. If you overboost (MBC, Chip, etc) the calculated value will throw the code based upon theoretical value exceeds the limit.
so come time for inspection and the need for codes to be gone... if i just turn my boost down low to what it used to be should the code go away?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

Yup, it's an overboosting issue. It throws the car into a "SAFE" Mode. Not limp mode.
Happens to me when I set my Boost machine a bit to high and it spikes to 26+psi. The ECU says "You are NUTS" and protects the engine by envoking Safe Mode and giving you no more then 9psi no matter how hard you try.

Reset your codes and turn down the boost and all will be well again.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
4th Gear

^^ i still have that cel and im boosting at ~21psi... still have the engine torque cell. and no im not limp or safe because its still boosting to 21

Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear

Try backing the MBC off to around 17psi. If you are pushing 21 you may be really close to the limit which is causing the CEL. Like I said, it is a calculated value in the ECU, try backing off on the boost and see if things improve.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
4th Gear

ive been running 21psi for a long time now... so i really dont know why the cel would come up now as apposed to a week or two after i was running it... maybe it could be due to the combo with the new DP... im going to clear my codes and scan again because the code that keeps coming back may just be my downpipe

Old 08-09-2008, 07:06 AM
1st Gear

So it happened again. This time I payed more attention to the dash and I definitely had the EPC light come on. Funny thing is that both times this happened its while I was in cruise control. Im in CC and want to speed up so I hold the stalk slide button to the left and begin to increase speed but then when boosts around 8-10 psi thats when the EPC light comes on as well as the other symptoms.

Could the problem be in the turn signal stalk?

Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear

Nope... bad MAF may be the cause. Try unplugging your MAF to see if things improve. The car will default to the stored maps and ignore input from the MAF. You'll get a CEL but the EPC light shouldn't come on.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Are you running a Cat or a Testpike after your DP? You may just need a Non-Fouler/Spacer in front of your Post CAt O2 Sensor.

Quick Reply: I need some help with codes.