Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I need some help with codes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:31 AM
1st Gear
Angry I need some help with codes.

So driving home I decide to get some more speed with the cruise control switch and then BAM! A loud pop and minimal throttle response?
So I'm like WTF T-Belt was done less than a year ago and I just couldnt figure out what happened.

As soon as I heard the pop I want to move over, I tried to give it a little gas and I had hardly any response from the throttle. The car seemed to be running on two cylinders so I pull over sit for like ten mins.I check under the hood, all lines are connected and car doesn't smell or look bad.

I have a feeling that the coilpacks might be the problem but I'm curious to why I lost so much throttle response. I was on the side of the road with a rough idle/ If I hit the gas it couldn't get more than 1100 RPM's

Now I'm home scanned it with vag-com and got these:

17522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High
P1114 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16826 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Small Leak
P0442 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17956 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Open Circuit
P1548 - 35-00 - -
17743 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded
P1335 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

My main concerns are the torque and EVAP codes.

FYI: No serious modes just Diode W/ MBC at 14psi

Any and all help is appreciated.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:51 AM
2nd Gear

Your lose of power is almost certainly a bad coil pack(s).

Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

I'm really leaning towards that idea especially since the car was fine after about ten mins.
I just wonder why it didnt register with vag-com...?
Ill test them today, the last time I checked them I just touched them against the head to see the spark.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

hmm i hit that engine torque one too... havent done anything about it though because idk what to do

Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Now that I think about it the torque code seems like it could have been thrown when I was doing some "spirited driving" in the next lane to my buddy.

We had some fun from a dead stop and I forgot to take my ESP off and got 1/2 through first when I bogged down hard.
IDK

Hopefully Auditec sees this.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

As I mentioned on that other "Forum" Sounds like a blown off Boost Hose. Same thing happened to me after I got chipped. 10 minutes spirited driving and Bamm, blew that sucker off on the turbo side. The edges were starting to fray so I replaced it.
You may be able to just pop it back on and torque down the clamp some more.
Worth checking into, anyways.
Hope you get it worked out soon!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
4th Gear

It sounds like you tripped the EPC light.

How long have you had the diode and MBC installed?
Did you leave the N75 plugged in electrically when you hooked up the MBC?
Does your boost gauge show any leaks in boost/vac?

Get you car in the air and check the bank 1 02 sensor with a multi-meter.
If you don't have a bentley manual get one!

If you had a bad coilpack(s); you would more than likely have some misfire codes.
Which you don't...

Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

I'd be less likely to suspect the Coil Packs as the reason for loss of power. Bad coil packs are usually more symptomatic of misfire codes and a hesitation or shudder under load.

The Torque sensor may just be an intermittent fault, I have that on a couple of occasions, clear it and see if it comes back again.

The loud pop may have been the hose coming off. There have been accounts of the POP being caused by moisture inside the coilpack where it connects to the plug causing it to pop off the plug when it gets hot and flashes to steam. Pull your coilpacks, remove and inspect your sparkplugs... they should be grayish in color and not wet.

The N75 valve may just be a loose connection or possibly one of the vac hoses leading to it has a leak. Good idea to run a pressure test on your system to see if you have a split hose in there.

By all means, check the O2 sensor, they do burn out over time.

But before you change anything, reset the codes and see if they reappear in 80 miles or so.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by XCLR8TT
The Torque sensor may just be an intermittent fault, I have that on a couple of occasions, clear it and see if it comes back again.
so what do you suggest when it comes back again? i cleared mine and it came back within 50 miles, ive been under the hood and through my hoses and such and i just dont know what to do anymore

Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

I've had the diode and mbc installed for over 5 months. The N75 was unplugged electronically and just recently have I noticed that boost isn't where it should be.
I normally boost to 14 and hold steady but lately Ive gone to full boost and dropped to like 9...?
The O2 sensor is probably from my exhaust clamp, the bolts are missing the nuts....(lol)
It does make sense that with bad coilpacks you get misfires.

I'll clear them tonight and see what happens.
I will also take the coilpacks out and check the plugs, the plugs are new so I hope I dont need to replace them. I have them at .028 since I added the extra boost could that be a problem?

One thing I want to add though I checked my MBC and noticed the the boost was set different. I have the turbo-xs HPBC, seems as if the boost was higher than what I set it at. Ive also read that vibrations from the car have changed the initial boost that drivers set them at. whatever though.

I lowered the boost and checked hoses below the car all seems normal. The car will be up on jacks for a thorough inspection soon. I also have checked bank 032 with vag-com and its within spec at idle could be different under load though.

THANKS A LOT! to everyone I have some good ideas and will put them to the test first thing.

Quick Reply: I need some help with codes.