Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I finally started the clutch job FINISHED WOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default I finally started the clutch job FINISHED WOOOOTTTTTTTTT

I finally started to tired right now to type alot...but i worked for 4-5hrs today if you have a bentley im at the exhaust removal section...anyways here some shitty pips from my camera phone ill get good ones tomm after i return the damn uhaul trailer i used to tow the bioch

Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I finally started the clutch job PICS

Wow, My TT is at the Audi Dealer getting a new clutch and new power steering pump put in. I'm glad I'm not doing although I would be if the dealer I bought the car from wasn't paying for it.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

how would you know if your clutch is bad?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

It will start slipping. Meaning, the motor will rev and the tranny won't drive the car at the same RPM the motor is spinning at. My car's Clutch was completely shot. Last time I talked to the Audi Dealer, they said that the clutch was gone, the Flywheel was cracked and the Clutch housing had to be replaced.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:46 AM
2nd Gear

Its 9 am im off to return the uhaul then get some food and get started hopefully today ill get the clutch on =) Oh yea gotta go to walmart need some batteries for my camera then autozone for some line to bleed clutch i hope to be started by 11am

Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
2nd Gear

Cool. Better pictures would be nice, but it's still cool to see as is. Why didn't the uhaul dolly work? Are those the tall jacks or regular?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
3rd Gear

those are my big boy jacks lol told ya you needed them

Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

More pics sorry for the **** quality i dont have a desent camera with me if you want a specific pic let me know by tommorow morning before the tranny gets bolted back up today i got it off clutch fly wheel and eveything bolted on ready to get the trannyt on the jack and get her back up there (thats goonna take a long time) then start to piece everything back together i got started at noon today made 3 20min trips to lowes for tools lol finished at about 10pm I will do a detailed write up when im 100% done

Old 03-13-2008, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

MeanAudiA6 it was a 10mm for the drive shaft i bought a 9 and a 10 Thanks! Also thanks for the tip when i called you about supporting the motor i ended up using a jack stand was going to use a motor lift but the jack stand worked a+ now the task of putting the bitch back on tomm...I bolted the clutch fly wheel etc on and had to take it off my dumb *** forgot to replace the seal but i did now...

Old 03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

huh thats werid i will look at my tool to make sure...i was 99.9% sure it was the 9mm open ended wrench....could be 10mm tho too ...lol im glad its going well for you...its really not all that hard just have to be patient and have the right tools.

Quick Reply: I finally started the clutch job FINISHED WOOOOTTTTTTTTT