Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I cant find my boost !

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Default I cant find my boost !

I found this out the other day.. i dont know what its doing but it seems odd. It isnt that its not coming on at all, and it might just be me. I am new to turbo cars and i might just need some clarification on this. I know how turbos work, i know what boost is, i dont need to read a manual about it. I am just seeing that in 1st and 2nd it feels like i have no boost. When i get into 3rd + I am can hear it spool and feel a difference. It might be the RPM's that im shifting in to or do you think this is an actual problem with the turbo/engine ?
If you need any more specifics let me know and ill get you as much info as i can

Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I cant find my boost !

How do you know what your boost is or if you have a boost problem.....you don't even have a gauge do you? I am only making this assumption because of your post the other day asking how to install one. Install a gauge then come back with questions. You are just taking stabs in the dark at this point and most likely may not have an issue....you are going on "feel" with little knowldege....not a good combo. Please don't take this in a bad way...just get a gauge and do some confirmation. A cheap gauge can be had for a $50 and takes an hour to install....it's almost the weekend!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 PM

it should come on sometime after around 3K rpm. 3500-5500 is the peak area. anything below 3K and you wont notice it.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: ooTToo

I found this out the other day.. i dont know what its doing but it seems odd. It isnt that its not coming on at all, and it might just be me. I am new to turbo cars and i might just need some clarification on this. I know how turbos work, i know what boost is, i dont need to read a manual about it. I am just seeing that in 1st and 2nd it feels like i have no boost. When i get into 3rd + I am can hear it spool and feel a difference. It might be the RPM's that im shifting in to or do you think this is an actual problem with the turbo/engine ?
If you need any more specifics let me know and ill get you as much info as i can
because you have a n/a motor......... [8D]

as stated, get a guage and tell us what is doing

Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 PM

well this weekened I will go through and make sure all the hoses are on and all that. I was planning on getting a guage as you all already know, I just wanted to see if there was anything you could tell me now to look at. Im getting the guage soon so I guess i'll have to wait and hook it up. I just really dont want the air vent set-up, so i gotta keep looking for a good holder, but we'll see soon.

oh and it was said that because my engine is stock i wont be able to hear the turbo spooling.. i am suppose to be getting my new K&N CAI cone tintake tomorrow, would i be able to notice anything or hear anything different after i install it ?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
4th Gear

Gauge pods ---->Clicky!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm make believe

The New Red! There is way to many threads about this already. ITS FREAKING LOAD!!!

Please, get a boost gauge and stop starting all these threads

Old 04-17-2008, 04:38 PM

yea i saw that carbon fiber one, i think im gonna go with that set-up. should look nice with the black interior