Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I am sooo lost

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Default I am sooo lost

First offI am a newbie.I just purchased a 01TT 225 coupe a week ago and i am looking to do some fairly cheap mods for now. This is my first audi/vw and first turbo car so i am completely lost.I have already ordered a dv and installeddownpipe a 3" exhaust.I was gonna buy a chip but dont wanna spend the money right now. I was looking at the diode mod but i have know idea what your talking aboutwhen you say a n75??? i just need to know what it is and do i need it or not w/ the mbc, boost guageand diode mod.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I am sooo lost

welcome...
From my understanding the diode to trick the ECU on a 225 is very hard to find. i believe it's a 4.3v(cincy would be the one to know this)...
The n75 has something to do with the waste gate, basically controls the boost in stock mode... and many just delete it(take it out) and just use an MBC instead... don't mess with your n75 or an MBC until you are chipped or you will be in some trouble taking your boost over 14.5 PSI on a stock program.

GET A BOOST GAUGE!!! it is important. and kinda cheap... go to www.gogauges.com see if you like anything here is mine

Where did you get the 3" DP and how much?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 PM

225 are not used w/diode mod because it is hard to find a 4.4v

Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

Hi I can't help you at all because first of all I'm a newbie too, second of all I'm a GIRL and third of all I don't know squat about making modifications. I just like to drive fast and tight with the top down.

But I DID want to welcome you and tell you that the guys here will definitely be able to answer all your questions!

NL

Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Thank you guys for the quick replies...from what i read i thoughtit hadsomething to do with the wastegate but i wasnt sure.so you guys wouldjust suggest forking out the extra money and just going revoor apr chip??the down pipe and exhaust were already on the car when i bought it i dont remember the name of the dp,(the exhaust is just custom bent 3" ill take picsof it on the lift one day)the guy told me but i will try to find outthe nametomorrow. as for price i wont to say he said around 5-600???(dont hold me too that)

one more quick question... i ordered a hyperboost dv the other day from a local shop and its gonna take them like 4 weeks to get it here(im thinking about cancelling it) andwas considering the greddy type s bov (dont flame me lol) i heard you could recirculate them.... if not im not gonna get it and ill go w/ the hyperboost or forge or what ever you guys suggest... but i just really like the sound of the type s

Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
4th Gear

BLUE YOUR MY BOI!!! haha had to say it... anywho, looks like you have a good start with the DV and exhaust... however an n75 and diode mod is not for you... an n75 is just a valve that gives you more boost...

your best option is to save a little more and get a chip such as APR, GIAC, REVO and O.CT... and thats a really good start...

one more thing, a rear sway bar (not very expensive) will be amazing...

oh yea, one last thing... i have the hyperboost and i love it!!! cancel your order and order one from stratmosphere.com... they are a local shop for me and i know that they will get it to you in like no time cause they are always there... heck i could even pick it up and ship it for you

GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

well with a 225 you want a 4.7 zener diode (you can find it off of e-bay)... it tricks the ECU into only seeing a max of 17lbs of boost, and thats the max the 225 is supposed to go up to. the map sensor is on the stock intercooler and it reads the amont of vacumn and boost that is going to the intake manifold, to tell it how much fuel to then put into the air as it goes into the engine. Getting a program is great but if you wanna go big turbo later, or just wanna save a little money the diode mod is just fine for turning up boost, but more power is earned from chipping it, as it "tunes" the car.

the n75 valve is a electronic boost controller, its in your intake hose going to your stock airbox, with vacumn lines running it between the wastegate and charge pipes, and is what you put the MBC in place of.

if you want to run a BOV you will have to redo your intake, just take off the airbox and put a filter right on the MAF to have a free flowing intake, the maf sensor needs to read this equal pressure when you let off the gas and "blow off" the pressureized air, the DV is what equalizes it when you have the restrictive (but quiet) air box on.

you can also go to www.vwvortex.com and go to there forums, as ive learned a lot about how things work in the 1.8T's from that site

Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 AM

i thought that a 4.7 diode would send your 225 into limp because the stock psi is around 14.5 . the 4.7 would make a 17psi sending it into limp

Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

andI thought a BOV is a NO NO even with this setup:

can i put a BOV on that???

Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 AM

i run a forge 004 most people thimk im stupid but im w/ cincy

Quick Reply: I am sooo lost