Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hyundai Genesis. It's Not A Tib.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
3rd Gear
Default Hyundai Genesis. It's Not A Tib.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...8/newsletter01

[/align]Let's just hope the promises don't go the way of the 135i.
I'm looking forward to how this pans out.
I hope the boy racers don't jack up the insurance too much.

Looks awesome on paper.

I wonder if the high end model or the turbo model will be a better performance platform?

Although we generally laugh at the tiburon here in the states, they have a pretty good tuner scene overseas from what I hear.

I think this thing is gonna explode like the civic did.

Finally a RWD affordable coupe that has good performance #'s.

Other than things that can be removed with fishing line and a heat gun, what's not to like?[/align]

Old 11-16-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Hyundai Genesis. It's Not A Tib.

story/article is pulled [:@]

Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
2nd Gear

Stupid ricers! - If they ruin another car i'll kill um!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
3rd Gear

It's back up

Just in case:

[/align]Hyundai revealed its Genesis Coupe concept at the Los Angeles auto show on Wednesday, but development work on the rear-wheel-drive two-door and its flagship sedan sibling are well on the way to production.

The production coupe debuts next spring at the New York show and will arrive in dealerships in spring 2009 as a 2010 model. The production sedan bows at the Detroit show in January and goes on sale in mid-2008 as an '09.

In an interview at the Los Angeles show, Hyundai product planning chief John Krafcik cleared up a number of details surrounding the Korean automaker's future top-end models:

The coupe will not get the 4.6-liter 350-hp V8 slated for the sedan. The primary coupe engine is a 3.8-liter, 300-hp-plus, 250-lb-ft V6. Krafcik confirmed that the coupe will also come with a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four producing in excess of 200 hp--giving Hyundai the only four-cylinder rear-wheel-drive coupe in the market. The company already has its sights set on the drift market, a group still enamored with the dynamics of the four-cylinder, rear-drive Nissan 240SX last built in the 1990s. The four-cylinder coupe, equipped with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic, should start in the low $20,000 range.

Though the V6-powered Mustang is an obvious competitor, Krafcik notes the Genesis (which will likely gain a new name before production) is smaller and lighter than the Ford pony car. Because of the car's wide range of optional equipment and potential buyers, Hyundai sees it drawing interest from shoppers of the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Scion tC, Honda Civic Si, Volkswagen GTI and Mazda RX-8.

Contrary to raging Internet rumors, the Genesis is not a replacement for the front-drive Tiburon. For clues to that model's future, Hyundai says to take a close look at the Veloster Coupe concept.

When the Genesis sedan goes on sale, fitted with a 270-hp version of the 3.8-liter V6, it will take the place of the company former flagship Azera sedan at the top of the Hyundai product line up. Azera, formerly significant as Hyundai's first vehicle to crack the $30,000 mark, will be deliberately skewed in product mix to more models in the mid-$20,000 range. As such, Azera becomes a more dead-on competitor for V6 Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

The 20-inch wheels and tires on the Genesis Coupe concept won't make production, but performance summer-only tires and 19-inch wheels will be offered as an option; 18 inchers will be standard. In addition, the car will feature independent rear suspension and MacPherson front struts, Brembo disc brakes at all four corners, and a limited-slip differential.

Estimated 0-60 mph time for the V6 coupe: less than 6 seconds.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear

Hyundai Website info:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/av...sis_Coupe.aspx

Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
SoCal Crew Member

hmmm pretty decent numbers for a hyandui after their ridiculous failurethat is theV6 tiburon.

in all reality, alot of tunersare going to be turned away bc the genesis is still a 'hyundai'. it'll take alot of marketing and acceptance by the publications for the tuners to accept that they have a 'hyundai'

Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

I beleive a lot of respect will be earned if the HP numbers stay above 300, and it has good aftermarket support. (and room for FI on the v6)

I know what you're saying about the hyundai nameplate, but I think it's gonna make alot of people driving cars that cost almost 2x as much prettyupset they bought a 350z, TT, S2000, RX-8 etc.when getting passed by them stock.

And hyundai's warranty is ridiculously awesome.
C'mon 10 year 100k mile powertrain?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

A step in the right direction, but still looks like a Hyundai

Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear

I think it Kills the eclipse, Tc, and Civic in looks.
But yeah, it's far from perfect.

Also looks like the 350z is gonna get it's sales cut in half if it doesn't go on a diet before 2009.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

I think it Kills the eclipse, Tc, and Civic in looks.
Its a Hyndai, where you think it gets the styling from? They just steal everything from everyone else and make there own car. Just look at all the other models

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis. It's Not A Tib.