Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
buy an exhaust from 1 company
0%
mix and match
0%
sign me up on the list for a complete 42D exhaust
0%
i dont like them. they have inferior quality
0%
i cant afford 1
0%
whats exhaust
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they mad

The Forge (BlueFlame) exhaust is cool! I love the bigger, 2.75 diameter (borla 2.5) and the piping on the muffler. I have always second guessed myself on that decision...went with Borla but very happy still. It sounds good and the tips are nice.

Myslowone,

I was under the impression that the Forge/BlueFlame exhaust were around 650, same as the Borla. They were at least when I was looking to buy. I paid $700 when all said and done including shipping. The catbacks are about the same price but I am sure you can find cheaper ones used on the forums.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they mad

well i dont even have my tt yet
when i get it i will prob run the 42dd dp and run blueflame. I looked at borla but it is over 700. Blueflame is 660 shipped.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 AM

i have the blueflame and i want the 42dp i really hope it makes it sound louder. i honestly can't tell too much of a difference from stock. it is deeper but not much louder. i did do that on perpose cus i know that if i got a loud exhaust and then got the dp it would be way too loud. so i hope that the combo is just loud enough. really the only other exhaust systems i've heard on the 1.8t's is the ghl and the milltek i think the ghL sounded the sickest. had alot of rumble in it. the milltek i guess sounded a lil louder then the blueflame but mine is def deeper. the one thin i love about our cars is the turbo is so loud. if you hear my car from the front you can't hear the exhaust if you hear it from the back you hear the deth of the exhaust hard to explain. anyone else no what i mean?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm more than happy with my APR exhaust. It was pricey, but the quality is high and the damn thing was so friggin' gorgeous it was almost a shame to put it under the car. I love the sound and it totally woke the power of the car up after I had chipped it.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
2nd Gear

I was under the impression = Forge/Milltek, Blueflame/Blueflame.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear

Nope....Forge/Blue Flame. Milltek makes their own, Blue Flame made the exhaust for Forge. Forge doesn't sell it any more. The piping is routed differently than Milltek's.

See the links and take a look at the picks:

http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=173

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...b261s1182p4978

Here ya go...directly from Blue Flame:

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/...rket_forge.asp

Old 06-27-2008, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, yea I knew the Forge Forge was like the blueflame photo. My bad. Was under the wrong impression.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear

Millteks exhaust is also almost a grand and isnt even 3"
that much money for 4hp is just retarded.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear

If I had the money to spend, I would go 42dd 3"dp to blueflame. If 42dd made a set of good quality that came to a better price then mixing and matching, then I would be interested

Old 06-27-2008, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: myslow1

Millteks exhaust is also almost a grand and isnt even 3"
that much money for 4hp is just retarded.
Ok so I'm retarded.

Quick Reply: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.