Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
buy an exhaust from 1 company
0%
mix and match
0%
sign me up on the list for a complete 42D exhaust
0%
i dont like them. they have inferior quality
0%
i cant afford 1
0%
whats exhaust
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
3rd Gear
Default how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.

i just read an email from the guys at 42Draft designs. i asked if they will make a full exhaust for the 225tt. ( downpipe and all) they said they had a plan to do so. just shot back an email asking how many orders it would take to start a line of production. im tired of guessing what its going to sound like. when i mix and match exhaust companies components.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.

They all sound similiar to me. 42DD's pipe is made to mate up with any catback out there. It has a reducer that matchs the stock clamp. The reducer can be removed to mate to a 3" catback such as APR's. If you are wanting a full turbo back from 1 brand, I only know of APR's 3" turbo back at a tune to 2500 which is crazy. I did my set up 42dd to borla for about 1300. For the set up and the dyno tests from Project TT show a gain of about 20whp and about 25-30wtq.

Going for the full 3" from APR may net you another 5hp.

If you don't like mixing go custom but there is nothing wrong with mixiing. The majority of owners on the boards (all forums) do this with the TT.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:49 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they mad

forum is still screwy can't vote.

i would have voted 'what exhaust?', aka, I chopped my muffler off, and Im damn happy with it. I'll fab my own downpipe when i get to the point where I feel like doing engine/turbo work.

I have ZERO interest in spending a crapload of money on a metal tube. There is a TON of markup on exhausts, I'll have no part of it.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they mad

Yeah...can't even use an apostrophe. It adds more to them.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

I'm buying the d/p next month so A full exhaust wouldn't be that bad as long as they made a Y pipe instead of a big ol' muffler.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

i would and will buy their dp but i wouldnt buy and exhaust from them too because it will be a rip off

Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 PM
3rd Gear

good, good, good.. so whats the borla catback sound like? is it noticeable power with the DP back? comparable gain to my 93chip?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear

IT's a nice deep sound when you get on it but doesn't drone on the highway (Can't beat the warranty either). Add it too a DP and it is loud, but not that annoying "honda can exhaust" sound. Gains show about 9whp for our catbacks but that is for the Blueflame. I would expect the same from Borla. Coupled with a downpipe it is like getting chipped all over again. I listed numbers above in my post.

MYslow...

Why wouldn't you? 42dd... is not a rip off. Thanks to great enthusiast like them (AWESOME SUPPORT AND A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY. IF PROBLEMS ARISED THEY FIXED IT AND ADDRESSES ISSUES PROMPTLY AND GAVE UPDATES ON THE FORUMS CONSTANTLY). If it wasn't for 422DD us 225 owners would be stuck withdownpipes from APR only at the tune of$1100 VS 42's $600.I would expect, or hope for, the same quality from their catback. I have purchased a few products for them and have always been satisfied.

Wintermute,

APR's catback used to be a Y pipe but I dont' think they make that anymore....but you may be able to still find one.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

i would run a cutout or blueflame before i spend over 700 for a catback. thats just me though, there are alot of people willing to spend that kind of money on an exhaust im just not one of them.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

I would like one with a Y pipe for the loudness. I don't really care about a 3" cat-back just as long as it has nice big old tail pipes. I thought APR used to have the Y pipe, but I bought a forge exhaust anyway.

Quick Reply: how many of you would buy a complete exhaust( downpipe and all )from 42Draft designs if they made 1.