Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

How to hook up ipod on TT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default How to hook up ipod on TT?

Burning CD's is making me CRAZY I have a 2002 225hp TT and those FM transmitters sound HORRIBLE, does anyone know if you can hook up a direct connect threw the back of the radio? Is there and AUX port in the back? The radio is so sensitive im afraid to take it out and look, And if there is a direct connect port is there a specific one I should buy?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

Like this??

Connects2 USB audio interface install album | TTQ2K2 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Face of module currently living in the cubby. It does fit flat in the cubby and is angled up here for ease of viewing. There are three input options: left is USB, center is SD card, right is Aux-in.

For SDcard /USB stick input (max capacity 4GB, 99 tracks per folder, 6 folders = 594 tracks per card/stick):

0. Format SD/USB stick as FAT32. Creat six folders to mimic six CDs. Name the folders CD01, CD02,...CD06.
1. Tracks must be loaded into the six folders (CD01-CD06) as separate tracks/files. If you drag and drop a full album, it will not recognize the album folder. However, if you drag and drop the individual tracks files (either individually or as a group), no problem. Just don't drag the folder album.
2. Change tracks using FF/FR buttons.
3. Change folders as you would change CDs using the 1-6 buttons.
4. HU display does not show title, only track number.
5. Turn off, then back on, and it returns to the same song and point in the song as when you turned it off.
6. If there are no tracks in one of the folders, the display shows "No CD" just like when your CD changer was connected. This is also true if you have draged and dropped a full album folder. Again, it does not recognize album sub-folders, only individual track files.

For Aux-in.
1. Connect your device via the supplied aux-in cable. It will automatically be recognized at the CD changer once the HU MODE button has been pushed to switch between radio, cassette, and CD. This is the same as you did when the CD change was connected.
2. Control track selection via Aux device.
3. Control volume/base/treble with either Aux controls or HU controls.
4. Works with any device that has a 3.5mm headphone jack for output.

cheers

Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

There is a simple adapter cable that has one end to plug into the cd changer line and the other is the ipod end. The only thing is from what I've read, you can not use the cd changer if you do this

Old 09-05-2011, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Nice..

This was some good info....

Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Dozanti
There is a simple adapter cable that has one end to plug into the cd changer line and the other is the ipod end. The only thing is from what I've read, you can not use the cd changer if you do this
Bingo. I believe your two options are as above or get a new cd player with aux/iPod outputs.....that or keep using those wonderful fm transmitters....

Old 09-05-2011, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for responding guys !

Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Ive thought about getting a new radio but the ***** on all the one ive looked wont allow the silver "TT" plate to close. & Dozanti, do you know where I could get such a cable? and does it connect in the back of the radio or the 6 cd changer?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TTallday07
Ive thought about getting a new radio but the ***** on all the one ive looked wont allow the silver "TT" plate to close. & Dozanti, do you know where I could get such a cable? and does it connect in the back of the radio or the 6 cd changer?
I know i'm not the guy you're looking for but,

There's hundreds of them on ebay or you can look at somewhere like onlinecarstereo.com, hifisoundconnection.com, or any other stereo store.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
3rd Gear

Yes, youll have to lose your CD changer. I had the same damn CDs in my changer for 6 months. That thing is useless. This is by far the best way to go..

Whos got an iphone..? - AudiFreaks
iphone visor mount cont. - AudiFreaks

Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM
1st Gear
Default heyy warranty

that looks interesting, except I dont have an iphone, and did you install that yourself? Where would i get something like that?

Quick Reply: How to hook up ipod on TT?