Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

how did you install your aftermarket radio?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Default RE: how did you install your aftermarket radio?

Yeah. I've got a JVC KW-AVX800 double-din that I pulled out of my Prelude before selling it, and I love that headunit, but I doubt I can make it fit. Probably have to sell it and go back down to the single-din jvc with nav.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:36 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: chris

Yeah. I've got a JVC KW-AVX800 double-din that I pulled out of my Prelude before selling it, and I love that headunit, but I doubt I can make it fit. Probably have to sell it and go back down to the single-din jvc with nav.
Haha, I wish I could afford that one. I was going to go for the kd-avx33, but I realized that I really don't need the dvd aspect of it. I'm going with the kd-bt1 instead on payday (fri). Already got the mounts, adapters, harness on the way. Just need the stereo and some time and I will be good to go. I'll post some pics when i'm done.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: themysteryman83

ORIGINAL: chris

Haha, I wish I could afford that one. I was going to go for the kd-avx33, but I realized that I really don't need the dvd aspect of it. I'm going with the kd-bt1 instead on payday (fri). Already got the mounts, adapters, harness on the way. Just need the stereo and some time and I will be good to go. I'll post some pics when i'm done.
I had the AVX33, but swapped it for the AVX800 (I know the guy who owns an audio shop here where I live). But yeah, the DVD aspect was kind of wasted on a 3.5" screen. The BT1 is nice, too. I don't really mind the stock setup (I have the manufacturers Audio upgrade package), except that it won't play burned cd's, even if they're burned as audio cd's. Most of my purchased cd's are scratched beyond recognition, and with my AVX800, I had a 160 portable HD plugged in as my USB music source. If I could just get it to play burned cd's, I could survive.