Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Homemade 3 inch intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default Homemade 3 inch intake

Well I had bought the ATP 3 inch turbo intake system and it didnt fit good so I am sending it back and have made my own intake system for about $60. The problem with the 180 transverse TT is the area right before the turbo compressor opening, its small and tight. I bought a flexable 3 inch plastic tubing to start at the opening of the turbo. I had to take out the shift linkage bracket and now the shift cables are going over the top of the tubing. From there I can adjust the flex tubing to fit in the open space. The next thing I had to do was use the same hose from the stock piping for a short length. This portion of the hose had the diverter, and other connectors on it. I sawed the lower part off that wasnt needed. Now this portion of the hose is not in the same place as it was stock, its a little more to the right. From there I just hooked up the MAF and CAI. I had to redo the diverter and other connectors by adding to their length to reach there connections. But now I have a 3 inch full intake (minus the short hose from the stock) and will see how it does. I am waiting for my ECU to get back with its update and should see how things go by Wed or Thur. With the new GT2X turbo I put in they say you need a 3 inch intake to get over that 220 whp mark so I will see. All in all it looks pretty much the same as the stock look I just wish I had a 3 inch hose with the connector openings for all the sensors but I think it will work good. The real consrtiction was the stock metal tube that connected to the turbo and now I have that replaced with 3 inches.