Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Holy smokes....anyone else have a motor mount failure??? 2002 TT w/ 21k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Holy smokes....anyone else have a motor mount failure??? 2002 TT w/ 21k miles

That seriously sucks donk.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Holy smokes....anyone else have a motor mount failure??? 2002 TT w/ 21k miles

yup those bolts come out if your servicing the tranny

Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 PM

We submitted all the paper work and pictures we had to AudiUSA and they accepted the complaint, gave him a case number, and agreed to investigate the matter. Good news so far.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Oops, I'll bet somebody didn't change stretch bolts like they were supposed to. Why in the world do they use these things outside of an engine anyway? I've seen them for cylinder heads, but suspension & engine / trans mounts? A case of German over-engineering maybe?

Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: blackbirdzach

We submitted all the paper work and pictures we had to AudiUSA and they accepted the complaint, gave him a case number, and agreed to investigate the matter. Good news so far.
They say that everytime you call regardless of the complaint.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:08 PM

I am the buyer of this vehicle.

I am the guy whose engine dropped from a failed motor mount due to an AUDI tech changing out the tranny and not replacing the stretch bolts 5k miles ago. The car has 22k on it today. Basically AUDI told me I am screwed; but I was able to obtain the parts order list and found the tech never replaced the motor mount stretch bolts...Well 5k miles the motor mount failed and now I have 2k in damages that must be paid for. I have just proven they didnt replace the bolts, I just need confirmation that they MUST be replaced or can fail such as these did. the local AUDI dealership has confirmed the failure was due to a stripped motor mount bolt leaving only a single bolt to hold for as long as it did until it finally broke free.

Man, this could of killed my wife if it was 5 mins later as she was about to get on the expressway. Tell me then what would of happened to her at 65mph and the damn engine falls out? I am soo pissed that AUDI USA does not want to help me in anyway. If the dealer that did the work wont fix it I am suing them as a negligence case as well as bad workmanship.
BTW the tranny work was completed by an AUDI dealership under warranty in which ended 6 months ago.

I deserve this vehicle fixed as well as a warranty that no internal tranny or engine parts were damaged and cause issues in the near future.

I will say this as a positive...AUDI of Charlotte are stand-up guys and have acknowledged that they are trying to get the other dealership to pay the costs since I have provided written proof. They also have given my wife a rental care until the repairs are completed for free.

The dealer who I bought it off of has helped me by providing me the info I need to make this right. Crossing my fingers on what steps i need to take next.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear

The only time i have seen motor mounts break was whena freind and i jumped his oldsmobile 3 feet in the air. After that, everytime he hit the gas, the motor would try and jump out of the hood. he traded it in two days later.. hahahaa

Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

Too bad so many dealers have to be such JERKOFFS. The stretch bolts are a no-brainer; Audi uses them all over the place and spell out the replacement requirement very clearly in their factory manuals. There's nothing to argue about with these fools. Run it up the chain; don't deal with the little guys, and make huge threats if necessary; they've got to take care of you on this.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 AM
gTT
1st Gear

www.bbb.org

file a complaint!
I have experiences and my friends. 100% win!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the input gang. I showed the proof that they didnt use new stretch bolts and he stated he will call the audi service center that did the tranny replacement today and ask them to cover the cost of all this damage. I really appreciate the tips. I hope I dont have the go the lawsuit route but If I do, I am suing for negligence because this foulup was 5 mins away from my wife getting killed on the expressway if the engine fell out then. I also called AUDIUSA back and they continue to just appologize and state they cant help me. They did say that they would also call the service center and speak with them to decide if they want to fix my failures. Remember I bought this roadster 19 days before it collapsed too! Thanks

Quick Reply: Holy smokes....anyone else have a motor mount failure??? 2002 TT w/ 21k miles