Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hmm...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Hmm...

ORIGINAL: .clipse
ricer lane changes!
Name:  handsigs.gif
Views: 18
Size:  7.4 KB

Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Wow...seems like a common issue. Both of my front parking lights have gone out w/in the past few months. Thanks for thedirections. I'll change when it stops raining in Cincy.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

emergency flasher relays ftw.

too bad my blinkers havent worked for the pas 5 months and i still havent changed the relay

ricer lane changes!
Hey, nobody uses turnsignals anymore, why should you be any different [8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 11:13 PM

they are different bulb...it was soo tough taking the parking light bulb out that I broke the socket...now I gotta take the bumper out to fix it...figure i'll do it at another time.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cdTT

No need to pull the bumper off if regular or less sized hands. One may need to use a unique angle/contortion if it is the drivers side, passengers side is much easier to reach.
Trust me, I have hands the size of toiletseats and I had no trouble with the drivers or passenger side Parking light sockets. Probably the easiest bulbs to replace and besides the HID the most expensive if you go to the Dealer. Go to Mercedes and ask for Front Parking lights H6W 12v 6watts. They have them for $3.20 each. They come sealed in a little packet and since they are Halogen don't touch them with your fingers or they may not last very long.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Grooby

they are different bulb...it was soo tough taking the parking light bulb out that I broke the socket...now I gotta take the bumper out to fix it...figure i'll do it at another time.
You are kidding, right?!!! Or perhaps you tried to get to the wrong socket? It's the little socket that has NO wires attached to it. Easy as pie to get to. Just twist 1/4 turn and pull out. The bulb is a very tiny Halogen bulb that also twist out easily and replaces very easily. Unless you are King Kong or the Hulk or just a Klutz there is no way to easily break those sockets. It's so easy a Caveman could do it

Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 PM

LOL..i am not kidding. I turned it and it just won't budge..next thing I know, the whole thing broke in half. The worst part is the actual socket part fell INTO the light casing, while I had the back handle part. yeah..it pretty much sucked.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

LOL..i am not kidding. I turned it and it just won't budge..next thing I know, the whole thing broke in half. The worst part is the actual socket part fell INTO the light casing, while I had the back handle part. yeah..it pretty much sucked.
Yikes, that does suck. Did you try to turn it both ways? It only turns one way and perhaps you tried too hard turning it the wrong way? Mine was fairly easy to twist and
it came right out. You can get new sockets for it. On line they are about 11 bucks. Not sure what the stealer would charge.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM

I got the new socket in but it does not work. I am waiting for when I get my timing belt changed and maybe take a look at that time.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

I got the new socket in but it does not work. I am waiting for when I get my timing belt changed and maybe take a look at that time.
Did you change out both bulbs? Both of mine didn't work but one of the bulbs looked like it wasn't bad. I switched out both bulbs
and they work great now. Did you get the right bulbs? Did you use some Bulb grease on them? Did you make sure the silver contacts
made good contact? Check the fuses as well.