Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hmm...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:51 PM
4th Gear
Default Hmm...

How is it that my left blinker works, but when I put my parking lights on it the left one doesn't light?
Just noticed it today, and all of my other lights work just fine.
Although I did notice last night, when I dim my gauge lights there is a buzzing sound. Only when the interior gauge lights are on all the way does the buzzing stop.
Strange if you ask me....

Old 01-24-2007, 04:04 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Hmm...

Funny, seems this problem is consistent with German made vehicles (my Porsche did this as well) - but my TT has sporadic electrical malfunctions (door glass mostly) but my blinkers are acting up as well - then suddenly they are fine the next day.

Wonder if there's a harness loose or some sort of crossover?

Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear

The blinker and parking light are separate bulbs. Or are you saying that the blinker doesn't work when the parking lights are on?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 PM

I had the same problem with the left parking light as well. Different bulb. Audi Stealership charged me a boat load to change the bulb. $75 I think. I was naive then. I only had my car 1 week.

----

And my interior lights buzz as well. Dont know if they are turned up all the way. I'll try that and see if the buzz disappears.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Huh, wouldn't you know it. Turned the interior all the way up and the buzz stopped. Is there a resistor in there that backs down the power and this is causing the buzz?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
5th Gear

no buzzing for me, but my left parking light doesn't always light. Its a loose/corroded connection. I could initially fix it by slapping the headlight assembly, now that doesn't work. Its cold though, I don't feel like tearing into the car right now, so it can wait until spring. I'll try to remember pictures later, I have a scrapped assembly in my kitchen.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:44 PM
4th Gear

Thanks so much that explains a lot!
My blinkers do work by the way, just not the left parking light. I thought it was a same bulb, I now realize how idiotic that idea is...
Guess I'll just buy a new bulb, and try to clean up the corrosion if there is any.
As far as this buzzing it's seems like the dial can't handle the power anymore.

Have I mentioned how much you guys rock?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 PM

achttung - scapped assembly? d/s or p/s? are the tabs still on it?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

The buzzing sound is from your headlight switch dimmer. It's probably on its way out, but that may go on for quite awhile before you need to replace it.

This page from Jeff on AWTT will help with the bulbs...Headlight bulbs

Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
cmh

There is also a part # for a bulb holder, my parking light was out but the bulb was good- it ended up being a corroded bulb holder. I think the parts for the bulb and holder were around $40 but getting access to the headlight is hard without pulling the bumper.