Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

hi all im new!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 AM
1st Gear
Default hi all im new!!!

hi guys<
i recently just bought my first audi tt!!! its a 2002 225! i dont know much about them or turbo but it is a pretty cool car before this i had a camaro if u couldnt see it in my name lol and alot of american cars
well the audi is by far nicer than my camro the way it feels the niceness of it the cool little options but it is kind of a slug until around 3k er so the turbos kick in but im pretty sue my camaro would blow the doors off it i had a lt1 camaro(1995) btw.. the thing is or one of my first qs is that i see that the tt runs like 14.4? i know the abeedle web site is kinda off but meybe the little audi is faster than i think cause i havent drove it past 80mph yet but on that website it says a z28 like the one i had runs a 14.1 and they can doo that prolly all day meybe 14.2 meybe a high 13 if yer super good but anwyas it say that the audi runs 14.4? i realy doubt my audi could hang with my z but meybe it feels like that cause of the smoothness of it any ways guys i signed here cause i have alot of q's on my audi si if anyone can answer any please do!!!!!

-anywyas i wanted to know what a tt can run in a 1/4 mile? i kow its more of a trac car and all BUT CURIOs ON 1/4 TIMES

-when you "chip" them with those revo chips or the others ive read about how much power they give ya?

-where can i find those chips for the cheapest ?

-can they be put on a stock car? even tho when i mod ill do bolt ons first

-i dont know much about turbo cars so i herd a boost gauge is good to get to se that im running all good and all but how would i hook one up to read the psi?i read that id have to get a supra gauge pod and melt it er somthing lol

-how much psi are the turbo doing stock?

-what is our competioton i kow with my camaro theres mustanks and like srt4s meybe lol who is our tt's rival? lol

-turbo carsdont have headers? they have a down pipe? or a turbo manifold? what the hell is going on with the "header" department here?
-my car has clear turn signal markers on the side of the car what u all do with those? any ways to make them look better?

well im sure i have alot more q's to ask but im sleppy and ill let u all work on this lol
thanks alot guys and im happy to be a memebr
kyle

Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: hi all im new!!!

welcome z28...glad to have you in the german realm. you won't be disappointed

hmm...i'm also fairly new to audi TTs myself but i'll do my best to answer and not seem like a total n00b. btw i've got a 02.5 225q. ok here goes...

1. don't have any clue on the 1/4mi since i don't drag, i circuit cross. don't know many people who would drag their tt but, it's very possible and it would do fairly well. the time 14.4 is a very competitive time esp vs your camaro. i'm sure you were impressed

2. chipping your tt is a very affordable mod. i haven't done so yet. i'm waiting for the waterfest or h20 (another topic but to shorten the description...big freakin car convention hehheh [sm=icon_rock.gif]). with an ECU flash your 225/207 should be bumped to 263/271 or somewhere around that range when filled with 93octane

3+4. this a good place to start. i'm sure the more experienced people in here can give you more than i but i'm tryin haha..keep doing your research though... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...71165&postid=0

5+6. boost gauge is a definitely must. there should have been one in the car straight from germany but there wasn't. faqs can answer your questions + there's a DIY thread here that might help. everyone here is more than helpful so i'm sure you won't really have a problem

7. competition? umm, don't know much about rivals but i'll give you my story, my friend drives a mk4 gti and it's fairly hooked up (to auto-x/circuit cross to riced up), he normally gets the acura honda crowd gunning for him...me on the other hand, i've gotten the porche cayman, cayman s, bmw m3, porshe boxter and a couple of mercs...my car being stock i've been only able to take care of the cayman and boxter...straight lines on street...track life is different. it's all about the driver on the track. also i feel like i have more respect from the other drivers on the road in my audi vs my mitsu 'clipse 4th gen

8. don't know much about headers yet but i'm learning...the more experienced peeps on here will have to answer this one.

9. side markers can be smoked or clear. check out this just to see what's possible to your car... https://www.audiforums.com/m_623451/tm.htm
and this... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1925344

10. any more questions can be answered by FAQs or more experienced tt owners..

oh, more experienced people, please correct me if i'm wrong in answering any of these, i would greatly appreciate it

glad to have you aboard kyle

Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
4th Gear

chips.. APR, REVO, GIAC, O.CT... just google them...

stock boost should be ~14psi once you get the boost gauge in...

rival id say is a 350Z

TTs arent really 1/4 mile cars.. unless you put some serious time and work into them, take it to a curvy road and youll grin though haha...

look in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page and it will lead you in the right direction as for your first few mods

Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
2nd Gear

A TT will run circles around an lt1 on a track anyday. Lt1's are quick but not that quick. Ever see the video of the 15 year old kid running from the cops in an e30 m3? The cop had a lt1. Youtube it. It's hilarious.

Anyway, it's not a good idea to come in here trashing the TT on your first post saying how much faster your lt1 is than a TT. TT's are not 1/4 mile cars. Prepare to be flamed.

The p/w ratio of a Camaro lt1 is .080, the TT is .070, chip the TT and it goes up to .082.

Chips are the same price no matter where you go. The chipswill average about 265hp w/ 280ftlb of torque. I believe this upgrade will put the TT in the 13's.

Any bolt on after that will only improve that spec. Small engine turbo cars don't benefit from the same things that large block v8's benefit from. StockIntake, headers, throttle body, etc already flow well from the factory. The downpipe and exhaust can be improved on, but don't make a huge difference like they would on an American v8.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!! It will help you find out all the info I just told you and more.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: z28power

-anywyas i wanted to know what a tt can run in a 1/4 mile? i kow its more of a trac car and all BUT CURIOs ON 1/4 TIMES Most with a chip and turboback exhaust run mid 13's. But most it seems cant drive.

-when you "chip" them with those revo chips or the others ive read about how much power they give ya? Depends on the tuner. They claim bhp on their websites. Look for around 200fwhp when dynoed (haldex sucks when dynoing in awd) with just a chip

-where can i find those chips for the cheapest ? All chips are ~$500. Best to go with a local dealer, either Giac, Revo, Apr, or Unitronic. If you ever plan on going with a bigger turbo, i highly recommend going with Uni since they have the best stock and ungraded turbo sw.

-can they be put on a stock car? even tho when i mod ill do bolt ons first Stock, modded. Its best to get the chip first since its the biggest gain you will get. The ecu will then adapt to other bolt ons.

-i dont know much about turbo cars so i herd a boost gauge is good to get to se that im running all good and all but how would i hook one up to read the psi?i read that id have to get a supra gauge pod and melt it er somthing lol You can get a 2 1/16 gauge and put it in the vent. The air will still flow and be out of the way. You can either buy a ring to mount it or use the C bracket to hold it in place. But yes, a gauge is one of the first things you should buy

-how much psi are the turbo doing stock? 1bar = 14.5psi

-what is our competioton i kow with my camaro theres mustanks and like srt4s meybe lol who is our tt's rival? lol Dont really have one. Guess the rival would be a Z3 or Z4.

-turbo carsdont have headers? they have a down pipe? or a turbo manifold? what the hell is going on with the "header" department here? Its the head - turbo manifold (either short cast or long tube manifold [like a header]) - turbo - downpipe.

-my car has clear turn signal markers on the side of the car what u all do with those? any ways to make them look better? Thats about as good as you are going to get. The only option would be to weld up the hole and respray the fender, but thats not recommended for safty

Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

see z28, told ya there was a lot more experienced peeps in here. i hope i didn't sound like a total jack@ss

Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: z28power

-what is our competioton i kow with my camaro theres mustanks and like srt4s meybe lol who is our tt's rival? lol Dont really have one. Guess the rival would be a Z3 or Z4. I would think 350Z, Eclipse & RX-8.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm make believe

I was think euro and luxury with a coupe. Its all i could really think of.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

As far as rivals/competition go, what I've noticed is that stupid kids in Hondas dont try to antagonize me even 1/4 as much as when I had my Talon. I didn't waste my time with them then, and sure as hell not now. There are a lot ofWRXs around here, and they get spanked unexpectedly. Dunno about an STi or Evo, I haven't run into one on the street, I mean track,yet... but I think I could hang for a bit.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

Oh, I guess Boxster.