Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

HELP! window motor is f**ked up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default HELP! window motor is f**ked up!

My window drops down to the floor, and i think, well, time to take that apart.
So a buddy of mine and myself took the whole door apart, fixed the window system, and we put the motor back on.
WE plug in the harness, and the motor spins THE WRONG WAY and in very little intervals (window goes up and down in 1inch bursts)
It's not the mechanism as there is no other way to put it together and the motor+trans acts this way even when it is not attached to the rest of the system,
just plugged into the harness.

Any idea anyone?
also, does anyone know which way the transmission has to spin?
This is the Driver side door BTW.

thanks.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: HELP! window motor is f**ked up!

If nobody knows, would you people with bentley please be so good as to look up the section that involves replacing the window regulator / window motor?
that would help a lot, maybe there is some little thing I missed.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default I have the same problem, Help!

I am experiencing the same exact problem. I have a 2002 TT and the drivers window motor was old and not working at all. I took apart the motor and transmission cleaned and properly lubricated. The motor is now working properly but...The motor will only run for a half or one second then stop, You have to let off the power window switch and then push it again to go another half to one second, the window moves an inch or so. This happens going up or down but mostly going down. Oh yea and now the motor runs in reverse. This is really confusing. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by stix9567
I am experiencing the same exact problem. I have a 2002 TT and the drivers window motor was old and not working at all. I took apart the motor and transmission cleaned and properly lubricated. The motor is now working properly but...The motor will only run for a half or one second then stop, You have to let off the power window switch and then push it again to go another half to one second, the window moves an inch or so. This happens going up or down but mostly going down. Oh yea and now the motor runs in reverse. This is really confusing. Can anyone help? Thanks!!
To be fair I think it might be Ur whole motor that's fucked.. when I had my window problem it was just the clips.. take it to a local window repair shop for cars.. that's what I did.. and get the while thing fixed.. got my regulator fixed for 50 bucks motor clips and wire... I also tried like most of u.. then I realised it was gonnagonna be more to it.. so I said eh let someone else deal with it.. good job and price... Thanks alameda in los Angeles ca