Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help... trying to avoid dealer rip off

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Default Help... trying to avoid dealer rip off

hi all, im new here so first off thanks for all the informative posts. i just have a quick question and maybe some1 can help.

this past weekend i stuck too much crap in that small compartment in the back (between the rear of both seats) and now the door will not close. it just usually opens and closes with a slight push and apparently i stuck something in there and when it was pulled out i ripped off the little latch that keeps that door closed. hopefully some1 knows which compartment im talking about... again, its the small/square/interior compartment/around shoulder level behind and between both seats.

anyways, i called the dealer today and they told me it would cost $164.00 for the piece and $65.00 for the labor. im trying avoid the total rip off of paying 220+ bucks for a plastic door that measures no more than 6"x6".

my question is, does anyone actually know the correct name or term for this interior compartment? secondly, does anyone know where i can just buy the door itself? that is where the piece is broken on the small door itself.
ive tried doing various searches and even tried going to fleabay but since i dont even know what this door is called, ive had no luck. maybe someone here can further guide me in my quest for this plastic door thing.

thanks in advance for any help provided.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Help... trying to avoid dealer rip off

can you take any pics? Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Old 01-18-2006, 09:10 PM

hi, thanks for the welcoming..its appreciated!

unfortunately, i dont have a digital camera with me and can not take a pic. its a pretty simple compartment, nothing fancy to it. its the one behind the 2 seats (on the roadster), about shoulder level if you were to turn your head back. its the door that flips open and shuts, that im looking for. i need the correct term for it, or some ideas of where to get it.

thanks again. please, if anyone sees this and can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:41 PM
5th Gear

security compartment/locking compartment for TT Roadster?

Thats probably the best description of it. If you can't find one on ebay, you're probably SOL other than buying from the dealer.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:14 AM

hi achTTung

thanks for trying. no, its not called that. i called the dealer today and finally found out what its called. its called the 'interior flap'....go figure...lmao.

anyways, does anyone have any idea where i can get that at?

Old 01-21-2006, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear

nah unfortunately i think the best answer you're going to get out of us is to check ebay and of course search google. It's unlikely that another person here has had to replace that particular part, there arent many TT owners on this forum suprisingly enough.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Dealerships are rip offs!! Just google Audi parts and find used or salvaged parts on the internet. Example I just took my TT in for a Air Conditioning problem, It cost me $156 to for them to tell me I needed a air compressor which was going to be another $1,300 to $1,500 to get repaired. I got on the internet and purchased my own compressor and had a local mechanic to do the work and it cost me less than $500.